U202 issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just keep thinking about all the "non-techies" that are going to need hand-holding when Carbon is released
I don't think that's the case at all. In my opinion, it doesn't function much different at all. It just looks different. The "non-techies" just need the guide button, vol-up/down, DVR, and the playback controls.

I also posted this in 'Carbon UI Issues'...

I'm having minor issues with folders.
  1. Some of my folders indicate there are recordings in them (ex: 'Brian' folder shows 5), but when going into the folder, there are 0. Other folders show and contain the correct amount of recordings.
  2. One of the new folders I created last night (before the nightly reboot) was gone this morning and the recordings it contained were moved to the main DVR page (no longer in a folder).

After the latest update, I lost the same folder again (issue #2 from my original list). I'm going to add a "dummy" folder to see if happens to be the last folder added that disappears after a reboot.

FYI: As I posted previously, after I deleted and recreated the empty folders which were incorrectly showing that they had recordings in them, the indicator correctly went to 0 (issue #1 from my original list).

Just had first freeze/reboot, got software 203 a few hrs ago. Got my fingers crossed it doesn't continue.

Can we combine U202 issues & Carbon UI issues into one topic (pref would be Carbon UI) since both are really the same?

Just had first freeze/reboot, got software 203 a few hrs ago. Got my fingers crossed it doesn't continue.

Can we combine U202 issues & Carbon UI issues into one topic (pref would be Carbon UI) since both are really the same?
I'd keep them separate because in the near future, there will be a different version for the Hopper 3. Some bugs are likely to be on both but since will be distinct to each device.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I'd keep them separate because in the near future, there will be a different version for the Hopper 3. Some bugs are likely to be on both but since will be distinct to each device.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

So where should we be posting issues now since we are already on 203, not 202?

When playing back recordings when you press the play button it starts the playback at the end instead of the beginning like it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Chrome.

When playing back recordings when you press the play button it starts the playback at the end instead of the beginning like it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Chrome.
Noticed that too, I'm having to select "start over" as it shows some recordings being partially watched, (mainly PTAT ones), & I have had to delete things twice (changed batteries in remote but doesn't always work first time). But it did get rid of problem with 8 pm PTAT shows that were continually being listed as 2 recordings instead of 1. Knew it was a software issue as other Hopper wasn't doing it.

Reactions: peggy97850
It appears that recordings made with new UI falsely say 100% watched, but recordings made with the old UI are normal and say 0%. It's like the old 100% watched bug.

I recall reading in this, or another thread, that someone's EHD was not being recognized by the Hopper after going to the CUI. I have most of my recordings now on my EHD and would like to put CUI on my HWS. Is this still a problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.