mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Md
ok, there is the new hopper 3 and 4k joey
actually looks like a nice setup
if directv does not bring out box with 4k via hdmi, i may have to switch

what is the expected time frame for actual 4k broadcasting?
has dish put any plans out there?

and i am not talking about streaming, with no high speed internet in my area thats out
it must come via satellite

my choice will come down to who actually provides content via sat

I don't think anyone has an answer to this.
There isn't one 4K channel to be had yet.
But I'm sure there will be 4K PPV through Satellite, But I'm sure on 1 or 2 channels of it.

But unfortunately I'm sure both Directv and Dish will mostly be Streaming 4K from VOD.
Atleast anytime in the near Future.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

what about NASA UHD
I'm sorry , I know you 4K guys Gotta have your 4K fix,
BUT NASA channel ??
Com'on If Dish and Directv have this great , but who Really honestly give a crap about this channel?
Most people aren't going to switch providers over 4K NASA channel.

Reactions: avediswolf
I wouldn't make any decisions based on who is offering 4k equipment or not. The draw for the Hopper 3 is not 4k, it's all the other features it has. There aren't any 1080p channels now so I wouldn't get any hopes up about 4k coming any time soon.

I'm sorry , I know you 4K guys Gotta have your 4K fix,
BUT NASA channel ??
Com'on If Dish and Directv have this great , but who Really honestly give a crap about this channel?
Most people aren't going to switch providers over 4K NASA channel.

I honestly don't get all the excitement about 4k myself. It reminds me of when 1080p TVs came out. I do have a 4k TV but that wasn't the reason I bought the model TV I did. The TV I picked just happened to have that feature. Choosing something strictly because it's 4k seems to be a very poor decision to me right now. To me it's just an added feature and not really that much of a benefit currently.

Reactions: Troch77
I wouldn't make any decisions based on who is offering 4k equipment or not. The draw for the Hopper 3 is not 4k, it's all the other features it has. There aren't any 1080p channels now so I wouldn't get any hopes up about 4k coming any time soon.

the 4k via hdmi is the only thing about the hopper that attracts me
i will not have a tunerless unit like the joey/c61k

the 16 tunes would be nice, but the 5 in my genie do what i need

the 4k via hdmi is the only thing about the hopper that attracts me
i will not have a tunerless unit like the joey/c61k

the 16 tunes would be nice, but the 5 in my genie do what i need

Why? The Hopper 3 offers so many other great things. What is so great about a unit having 4k ability? It's more of a marketing ploy than anything. The only benefit of the Hopper being able to do 4k is that it can show 4 HD channels at once, at least I think that's why it can.

I honestly don't get all the excitement about 4k myself. It reminds me of when 1080p TVs came out. I do have a 4k TV but that wasn't the reason I bought the model TV I did. The TV I picked just happened to have that feature. Choosing something strictly because it's 4k seems to be a very poor decision to me right now. To me it's just an added feature and not really that much of a benefit currently.
Obviously my next choice of tvs will be 4K as there won't be much choice since that is what will most likely only be available. ( since marketing determines what technology we have to use, Not the actual demand for it.)

But I'm not dropping a Cent more on 4K over HD programming.

Why? The Hopper 3 offers so many other great things. What is so great about a unit having 4k ability? It's more of a marketing ploy than anything. The only benefit of the Hopper being able to do 4k is that it can show 4 HD channels at once, at least I think that's why it can.
16 tuners, Dish on Demand, Netflix search integration, speed, and 50% off every bit of my added premiums, 24-36 month price lock, and no RSN fees is what is attractive to me.

16 tuners, Dish on Demand, Netflix search integration, speed, and 50% of every bit of my added premiums is what is attractive to me.

did you not see i have no high speed internet available.

many people that have sat do so because there is no cable/dsl/fiber
therefore on demand/netflix/ect offer no value

did you not see i have no high speed internet available.

many people that have sat do so because there is no cable/dsl/fiber
therefore on demand/netflix/ect offer no value
Don't know what to tell you my friend.
That's the biggest problem.
No 4K content available other than streaming.

well maybe by then someone will have internet out here in the sticks
im hoping the area WISPs expand as that look like the only option

I really think you are overvaluing 4k right now. I just don't think it's smart basing a decision on 4k right now, not when there are so many other great reasons to get a product.

Reactions: Troch77

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts