Yet another H3 question...

D. Manley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
United States
I thought I was up to speed on the new products & components but heard today that the switchover REQUIRES using the western arc. This came from a local installer (of unknown quality) and seems nonsensical to me. Is there any validity to this or will current Hopper users retain using the same Eastern or Western arc they are on now?

I thought I was up to speed on the new products & components but heard today that the switchover REQUIRES using the western arc. This came from a local installer (of unknown quality) and seems nonsensical to me. Is there any validity to this or will current Hopper users retain using the same Eastern or Western arc they are on now?

You can have an H3 on the Eastern or Western Arc. It requires either an EA or WA Hybrid LNBF on a 1000.2 dish.

Maybe your area has locals on WA and he short circuited in his explanation.

Maybe your area has locals on WA and he short circuited in his explanation.
No, mine is on the eastern arc as are all the newer installations I've seen. I'm pretty sure any here still on the western sats are very old installs. I think the guy was just regurgitating some rumor he picked up - didn't seem to know much other than requirements for the new hybrid LNB. Didn't make sense to me thus, the reason I asked for confirmation here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts