my installation experence today on the hopper 3

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
hi guys here is how my day went the install guy showed up at my house about 2pm their main office is in somonak illinois and he lives in lasalle,illinois about a 30 min drive from my house well i ask him first that i need to keep my hopper with sling to transfer my recordings to a hard drive and he sold me on a new hard drive yea i know its 100.00 bucks and it is working right i did not have many recordings to transfer to the hopper 3.another question came up i asked him is this his first time installing a new hopper 3 he told me that this is second time installing one he installed the first one at his house.i helped him by installing the new hopper 3 and he setup everything he is nice we spent most of the time talking about dish network and letting know whats up lately he did not know the date for the new netflix app to be launched on the new hopper 3 he was suprised he said that he has it on his hopper 3 already i wonder why.i did tell him about satelliteguys and everything about i told that alot of people who works for dish network are on satelliteguys. he is invited to come on satelliteguys anytime.he showed me how to use the new remote it did not take that long. it took about 40 min for the new hopper to workl right. my parents now have the new joey i have to show them how use it it has the new Carbon user interface on it.my stepdad and mom it will take some time to learn everything.well it was raining out he changed out the lnb for a new hybred lnb went downstairs to install the node.i poliety asked him if i can keep the 40 remote and he said yes.i am using the 52 and the 40 dish is sending me some boxes to send the hopper with sling back once i get the transfers done.everything went fine.he learned alot from me. i told him about the new video that is on channel 103 that was launched today that shows everything about the new interface.i also told him that i would date parris bradley in a instant.i appreciate this forum alot where i can learn alot of stuff about dish network. i am happy how everything went today he left about 4 o'clock he had another job to do for the day he had to install one of the hughes net satellite dishes.he told me that he does not like computers. i understand that i use them all the time at my house.

Thanks

Allen Culver
Streator,ilinois

Glad it went well and congrats, Allen. Glad they could install with all the bad Chicago weather today.

But as always: PUNCTUATION!! I have to go get some aspirin for the reading headache! That is one hell of a paragraph and (almost) uni-sentence!!

Enjoy the H3...and the new UI! ;) Finally, right?!?!
Kids are not being taught capitalization anymore. Its now a text world.

Anyway, I'll bet the installer saw the Netflix icon on his Hopper 3 but hadn't pressed it yet. I did and it said check back Feb. 11.

vivek the installer was such a nice guy i helped out here and there i would recommend him for other jobs i gave him straight 9 on the phone when dish called a little while ago.you guys at dish do such a great job.

the installer told me yesteday to rate him a 9 or otherwise he will fail the job so i did on the phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts