My Joey Lost Its Mother!

barryaz1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
Scottsdale AZ
One of my Joeys can't locate the Hopper anymore. Stuck on locating Hopper. Did all the usual plug/unplug/reset stuff all around and no success. Need new one? How about replacing with a Super Joey?

One of my Joeys can't locate the Hopper anymore. Stuck on locating Hopper. Did all the usual plug/unplug/reset stuff all around and no success. Need new one? How about replacing with a Super Joey?

Try this: At the Joey, go Menu/Settings/Network Setup/Whole Home. It will show you where you are, look at Detected Devices, see if you see a hopper listed, and if it shows as unlinked, highlight it, press Select, and see if it goes to linked. If so, click Save, then cancel out of the menus. Also, try the same thing at the Hopper, see if it shows any unlinked Joeys.

Try this: At the Joey, go Menu/Settings/Network Setup/Whole Home. It will show you where you are, look at Detected Devices, see if you see a hopper listed, and if it shows as unlinked, highlight it, press Select, and see if it goes to linked. If so, click Save, then cancel out of the menus. Also, try the same thing at the Hopper, see if it shows any unlinked Joeys.

It won't even get into the Joey. This time instead of pressing Select at the "off" screen, I tried to go straight to Menu. Same error #1303, "Looking for a Hopper..." And on the Hopper, this Joey doesn't even appear to try to link to. Actually tried that side yesterday, too.

Sometimes when I've seen the joey lose the hopper was a wiring problem. Check the cable from joey back to where the connections meet be it a tap or node and make sure its in good working order. I had to replace a joey cable the other day cause a dog had chewed into it in multiple places...just enough to cause it to lose connection or moca.

I'm assuming that Hopper was unplugged? You could try a whole hone reset. Then power up Hopper and once displaying live tv, power up Joey. I believe coax needs to be disconnected as well.

To clarify what Lucky is saying if needed, unplug the Hopper, Joey, and the HIC unit if you have one. Once that is done, plug the Hopper in, then the Joey, then the HIC. See if linking works now.

If it doesn't, there is a known issue added as of the 17th about the 1303 error and our operations team is requesting feedback. Send me a PM with the account or phone #, and I will see what they need to check this out further!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)