Status
Please reply by conversation.

ikki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 22, 2009
Minnesota
This whole rant is response to WGN and Tribune broadcasting for feeling the need to forget their roots and to encrypt everything.

This whole encryption thing that the television providers use will back fire. The lines are drawn in the sand and with Google the whole TV over IP things is going to take hold. I just shake my head at companies and entire industries that keep their heads in the sand. A good example is QWEST, people are leaving the land line behind for cellular and VOIP, yet their pricing structure is that of the late 90's. They are so far behind in DSL offerings in the midwest topping out at 7 MBPS compared to Charter and Comcast that now offer 100 MBPS that they are on the there way out just like the ice delivery guys of the 30's and the TV repair man of the 60's.

Google TV and their new partners are Turner Broadcasting (TBS), NBC Universal, HBO, and the NBA.

TBS will be working to optimize their most popular websites for being viewed on Google TV. Turner Broadcasting runs the websites for TBS, TNT, CNN, Cartoon Network, and Adult Swim.

The waves of change are here and I have a strong feeling that other then the hardware, Google TV will be advertising driven and data mining driven. I also hope this is the final nail in the Cable TV providers coffin.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts