My Local Fox Is Going Hd!!!

BlackHitachi

Medford Oregon
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2003
Medford, Oregon
I know most of you have your locals in HD!! This is so huge for me!! I have been writing my local Fox and they sent me this E-mail today!!

Hi ......: Fox 26 is working on getting our HDtv on the air, But there is a huge demand for the equipment needed to make HDtv happen: As it stands we hope to have the equipment needed for the HDtv by the end of SEPTEMBER: We have ordered it, now it is a waiting game with the companys that produce it: They have a very big back log for the equipment : Thankyou for your inquiry: If you have any more questions call or e-mail me:.....

Like i said i know alot of you have your locals in HD. soon i will have:

CBS HD Dolby 2.0 soon to be upgraded to 5.1
PBS HD Dolby 2.0
Fox HD Dolby 5.1 (coming soon)!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Lets see...

That means they'll have it on the air about January, right?

No, really, hope they get it up and running much sooner.

My wife stepped into my office the other night while I was watching the Tonite Show and said, "Wow, its almost like you're right there!"

That's great news about Fox HD in Medford, OR. Hopefully it will be up and running before the NFL season ends. Also, I hope that Charter will add CBS and Fox in HD by next year.

LOL, Here in Memphis, we have been hearing from the Fox station for YEARS that they are 'working on' the digital station. They've apparently been trying since the days of Fox EDTV to get online, with no luck.
I really hope your station follows through!

Yeah, in the same boat here. I keep emailing our fox affiliate and they are now telling me first quarter next year. so that more than likely means first quarter 2010.

bpickell said:
Yeah, in the same boat here. I keep emailing our fox affiliate and they are now telling me first quarter next year. so that more than likely means first quarter 2010.

Wow this really sucks my fox is 480i widescreen. The way i found out is my voom box gets the channels at 480i and its in widscreen?? I thought foxeng over at avs said that could not work but thats what it is.. Anyway from what i have been told all they have todo is install the splicers. Everything else is done.!!

BlackHitachi said:
Wow this really sucks my fox is 480i widescreen. The way i found out is my voom box gets the channels at 480i and its in widscreen?? I thought foxeng over at avs said that could not work but thats what it is.. Anyway from what i have been told all they have todo is install the splicers. Everything else is done.!!
Sounds like one of two things happening:

The 480i signal is being streatched via the narrow to wide setting....

or

The Fox signal is actually 720p / 1080i and the Voom box is set to 480i pull-down.

Shawn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)