My Mini-BUD Project

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
Some of you may recall that I aquired a 1.2m dish from my employer a few weeks ago, and since then it has been sitting in my gameroom, not doing anything.

My sister expressed interest in watching Canadian Idol (when I told her that I can recieve CTV via Starchoice), and I discovered that ASN on Anik F1 C-band carries this.

In reading the other Mini-BUD threads, there were several reports that ASN is recieveable using a smaller dish.. since my sister owns her house, I figured I would give her my dish..

I already planted an 8 foot 2 3/8" pole in her backyard, and I mounted up the dish yesterday.. boy, if I hadnt just made that LNB fit, you would think it belonged there. The ASC421 fits like a charm (albiet with a flat scalar ring)

I havent hooked anything up yet (I have to bury a cable to the house first), but all in all it looks great!

Attachments

• DSC01948.jpg
    DSC01948.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC01949.jpg
    DSC01949.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC01950.jpg
    DSC01950.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 160
  • DSC01951.jpg
    DSC01951.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC01954.jpg
    DSC01954.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 164
Oops, forgot the image of the mount..

This stupid dish weighs a good 40lbs, no way of getting this on an H-H ;)

Attachments

• DSC01953.jpg
    DSC01953.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 191
I watching with great interest !!!

It looks good ......... I am toying with the idea of setting one up before this winter comes also. Keep us posted and good luck.

:D :D

That looks awesome or what Iceberg would say,"Sweet". What kind of a signal are you getting?

Getting a whole 0% signal, and 0% quality.. ;)

Nothings hooked up yet, all I have done this far is planted the BUD.

Next weekend is running the cable drop, and trying it out.

Should work great for the Anik F1 channels, I would love a dish that size! Looks Fantastic!

heh, I havent had a good day to do it.. last weekend, I kind of eyeballed the dish, but I didnt get the chance to hook anything up to it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts