My NBC affiliate got wiped out by Hurricane Charley!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Orlando Vol

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 17, 2004
So, I am in day 3 with no digital feed from WESH (Orlando). I have heard rumors that the antenna got knocked down/lost power/etc. and that they may not be broadcasting for a week!! :mad:

So I called Voom, and asked if they were aware of this problem (Noone in Central Florida is getting the Olympics).... And to see if there was anyway they could turn on the HD feed for the time being... he checked- but said that the FCC won't allow it!! :mad: :no

Well, my question is this... Why can't Voom turn on that channel for Central Floridians when it is physically impossible to recieve OTA HD for a week or more?? :rolleyes:

(I know it may not be Voom to blame, I'm just upset...)

that's rough. talk about getting no love! apparently, acts of god have no bearing on the fcc or voom management.

Dont feel too bad. You couldnt fill up my house with the number of people watching this stuff in the stands. Didnt gymnastics used to be popular? And our tattooed bball millionaires just got whipped in mens basketball by a 3rd world island!!!!!!!!! Scotty beam me up! This cant be happening. Trust me, you dont want to see this anyway.O and boxing? remember how that used to be so exciting? no more, you know who is ahead instantaneously, punch by punch, like a video game, its ridiculous. No more excitment or wondering. Then to add to the embarrassment some snot nosed US swimmer is doing us proud by announcing hes gonna get 7 gold medals????? Now theres some class. LMAO

vurbano said:
Dont feel too bad. You couldnt fill up my house with the number of people watching this stuff in the stands. Didnt gymnastics used to be popular? And we just got whipped in mens basketball by a 3rd world island!!!!!!!!! Scotty beam me up! This cant be happening. Trust me, you dont want to see this anyway.O and boxing? remember how that used to be so exciting? no more, you know who is ahead instantaneously, punch by punch, like a video game, its ridiculous. No more excitment or wondering. Then to add to the embarrassment some snot nosed US swimmer is doing us proud by announcing hes gonna get 7 gold medals????? Now theres some class. LMAO

Funny, i was thinking the same exact thoughts earlier today..
I'm glad our obnoxious, spoiled punk-ass basketball team got beat early on, and i too think our snot nosed swimmer needs to keep his mouth shut until he wins them all...

I know this is horribly unpatriotic, but I'm so sick of the relentless hype this phelps kid is getting I'm secretly rooting for him to lose. eek.

barth2k said:
I know this is horribly unpatriotic, but I'm so sick of the relentless hype this phelps kid is getting I'm secretly rooting for him to lose. eek.
Me too. Im usually rooting for all the Americans. But ya know what? When the worst hardship story they can put up is some 25 yr old female gymnast that has it so rough that she has a college education and has to deliver Pizzas while training, I just dont have any sympathy. Give me a break.
GO ROMANIAN girl gymnists!!! man they attack the balance beam, our girls look afraid of it. I just cant root for a team that is so outclassed by the Romainians, even physically from my perspective. The skill level difference is very obvious to me. Is it me or does our team seem more concerned about their makeup and the Romainians seem more concerned with lifting weights, practicing and training? I mean just from a quick glance? How can you not root for the Romainians after watching them?

Then we have millionaire backetball players driving a different SUV/ mercedes/ rollsroyce everyday of the week that live in mansions etc and made all of that money BECAUSE they live HERE but will not go to the olympics because they are scared? PLease, makes me sick. And the best representative we can send is Iverson? You know we threw him in jail in highschool here after he beat people with a chair in a bowling alley brawl and has been in other trouble with firearms etc. Iverson is a team player? didnt he refuse to play a couple times as a sixer? wouldnt even dress as I recall? Weve got to find a better spokesman and team to represent the US.

Swimming and Phelps? Ive said enough on that previously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)