My new 76cm c band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

k.r.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2013
Floyd knobs indiana
the new 76 cm mini cband...pointed at 97w....amg 51%...latv 50%...walk and Drtv 52%...i had about 30% more signal strength useing this scaler vs the other..theres a drywall screw ran through one of the lnb mount holes to my wood block to help hold it along with the hose clamp..lines up perfect with the origional holder height and angle..il be putting my sg6100 motor on it in next few days for some coffee and surfing..

Attachments

• 1455684479427.jpg
    1455684479427.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 347
  • 1455684494285.jpg
    1455684494285.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 349
Got the motor on it last nite..but the top bolt for the lnb arm is in way of motors shaft..so i took it out.the bottom still holds the lnb arm and the top is up against motor shaft..im thinkn i can put washers at the bottom lnb arm bolt and none at top lnb arm bolt to give me a lil more tilt and be at the correct angle..its 4 deg off..
Scand 91w lastnite
Classic arts 60
Service 2 (spanish ch) 52
Tct 60...

The motor and hardware...any better thoughts or ideas? I need it up another 4 or 5 deg.

Attachments

• 1455890069501.jpg
    1455890069501.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 290
Thank you...my dish that this one i replaced i ran for bout 10 yrs with the bracket upside down..there was a reason to it but i dont rem why..i just copyd my answers from its install...it was a fortec 80cm..i always installd motors by 1st pickn a sat and manually dish only positioning it..measure the angle of lnb arm..install and set motor..have it turn to that position and set my dish angle lookn at my angle finder..and turn motor assembly till i find it...never payd much attention to dish gauges for setup..just went for proper angles and if it fit....thank you...freash eyes always help

Just went outside....its insane windy..soon as it calms down il take it down and flip it over..i dont want a dish flying off in the wind..lookn at it out here that would fix the problem..im gona surf till then tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: Titanium
Titanium's right, the mount is upside down.

On my DS2076 here, I had the same issue with that bolt getting in the way of the motor shaft, so I just flipped it around, so the round head is faced toward the motor shaft rather than the threaded part of the bolt with the nut.

Reactions: k.r.
Yes it is Spongella. Its alot more chalangeing..im thinking of seein if i can go smaller.and just how small i can go even if its just 1 ch.....i used to love that analog Shepards Channel on 99 c band...that was my test spot..it was almost wave a lnb out the back window and that channel came in..

Titanium's right, the mount is upside down.

On my DS2076 here, I had the same issue with that bolt getting in the way of the motor shaft, so I just flipped it around, so the round head is faced toward the motor shaft rather than the threaded part of the bolt with the nut.

Mine has a square block that locks to hold it in place from turning...when i tryd reversing it it stuck out the same about because it wouldnt squeeze through the round hole on other side..i flipd the whole bracket mount over and problem was solved....i think thats why i had my fortec 80cm mounted upside down..i think i rember it bein in way of motor so i flipd it and sat angle useing lnb arm and anglefinder...its what i copyd my assembly of this one from...its almost goin great now...love/hate my motor

Reactions: . Raine
Playing around this morning with the offset scaler i have managed to get it to show more sig now than the flat scaler...moved the lnb farther out and peaked and tweaked for a few hours finding the sweet spot..i dont think I can squeeze one more drop of signal from this baby dish..motor is tracking the arc from 30 west to 121 atleast...couldnt find anything above on the ku..now its coffee time and some mini c band surfing

Attachments

• 1456670534373.jpg
    1456670534373.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 241
I seem to remember reading a recommendation for that configuration -- LNBF all the way back, conical scalar all the way forward.

If you have the whole arc, I'd be interested to see if you can get anything from 58W. NHK has a 1/2 FEC so it should be the best target, but I always wondered if any of the other international news channels were do-able. (My motorized dish can't see 58W from where it is now, and I'm wondering if it would be worth installing a fixed dish since I can already get NHK on Ku-band...)

Reactions: k.r.
So far not much luck finding anything new...started at 30 and quit at 123...found on
113 west imagine radio or something like that at 62%

Thats where i found it best for the flat scalar and for the conical scalar lnb about halfway up and scalar back till the lnb is midway of the center most ring..but a immeadiate side by side useing my markings the flat is the best..

I scand 58 w and found nothing..il rescan late one nite and see if i have better luck

Soo I get up and fixn to play...and notice no signal anywhere...not even ku..knowin my motor elevation is strippd i assume the motor dropd a hair..so i looses the bolts watch the meter in the tv and nothing..east and west nothn...hours later i find a bisket inside my lnb...yup a bisket...fit perfect...guess i should buy a cap

Reactions: FTA4PA
I done tossd it down in the yard....fed squrrils yesterday a ton of bob evans biskets...guess someone thought it be funny or a squrrill thought it was a good spot.

Reactions: . Raine
A squrril shoved a whole bisket i fed them inside my lnb

I just can not imagine how that would look like. I do not know word "bisket" and therefore can not visualize how that would look like inside LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts