My new hr34 has only 1 sat input?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jim Christian

Original poster
Sep 12, 2003
I'm swapping it for an hr24 which has 2 sat inputs plus the b-band cable adapters, how do I wire the hr34?

Btw, the manual shows 2 inputs

I have 2 ganged 4x8s, what do I need to buy?

Will directv install it?

I have 6 - hr24s connected hard wired to a router

Otherwise, you need to buy a SWM16 depending on how many other receivers you have.

The HR34 is 5 tuners. DVRs are 2 tuners, regular receivers are 1 tuner.

That would let you use the HR34 and 5 other DVRs (or 6 if you have one run on single tuner).

SWM16 are around $70-80 on ebay, much more at retailers.

Directv would probably do it for the cost of a service call, possibly free depending on your account.

I'm in a state of shock that you have 6 HR24's. Trading one of your HR24's for a HR34,potentially giving you a total of 15 tuners afterwards,just how much recording do you do? First off,you need the SWM 16 multi-switch with power adapter just to be able to integrate the HR34 with your remaining 5 HR24's(if I understood that correctly). The SWM 16 multi-switch will cost almost as much as the HR34 does. Even if you stayed with your 6 HR24's & just wanted to upgrade to SWM DECA multi-room viewing whereby your internet connection would run through your coaxial cable,you'd still need the SWM 16 multi-switch(the good news is that you don't need to change your 4 cable SL3/5 LNB for a 1 cable SWM SL3/5 LNB). Now if you did go with the HR34,I've been told that you can hard wire it to your router,you don't need a cinema connection kit. You'd need to bypass your 2 4x8 splitters & replace them with probably 2 green labeled SWM 4-way splitters. Your internet connection to your 5 HR24's would run through your coaxial cable. You'd need to detach the coaxial cable & B-B converter to your satellite 2 input because you only need the one coaxial cable to your satellite 1 input. You need to remove the remaining B-Band converter to your satellite 1 input because you don't need it for SWM set up. Now you need to disconnect ALL ethernet cables to your remaining 5 HR24's & you should have whole home multi-room viewing(if you ordered it) & internet connections running through your coaxial cable.

Otherwise, you need to buy a SWM16 depending on how many other receivers you have.

The HR34 is 5 tuners. DVRs are 2 tuners, regular receivers are 1 tuner.

That would let you use the HR34 and 5 other DVRs (or 6 if you have one run on single tuner).

SWM16 are around $70-80 on ebay, much more at retailers.

Directv would probably do it for the cost of a service call, possibly free depending on your account.

I'd go eBay then for the SWM-16,because retail is almost as much as the HR34,unless I'm confusing the SWM-16 with the SWM-32,which would then be over kill,but you could keep 6 HR24's with a HR34 going with a SWM-32(I'm trying to be as simplistic as possible when it comes to wiring & keeping items to use as few as possible).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts