My R-15 stopes responding to the remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

leftover

Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Rural New York State
My R-15 will sporadicaly respond to remote control commands. After a few button pushes it seems to need a rest for a few seconds or even 1-2 minutes.
The remote has fresh batteries and will operate the TV and VCR ect. When this problem is occurring the light in the on/off button does not blink to show that it is communicating with the remote. The control buttons on the front of the unit are not affected by this. I also cleaned the remote emitter and the R-15's IR receiver lens. I have also done a reset and unplugged it for a while.
Has anyone else ever experieced this?
How can this be fixed?
Thank you . Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased a large can of AIR and sprayed the accumulated dust from the circut-boards.
This seems to have fixed the problem. This has also worked on my older PCs. The dust will cause bridges in the connections on the circut-board ect.

If it returns, check for other sources of IR in the room. This can be a compact fluorescent light or another remote with a stuck button.

The problem returned to the point that it would not respond to the remote at all.
I went to Best Buy an for $99.00 the problem is fixed with a new R-15.
I wonder what parts I should save before junking the the old one. Maybe the hard drive.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)