My R-15 stopes responding to the remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

leftover

Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Rural New York State
My R-15 will sporadicaly respond to remote control commands. After a few button pushes it seems to need a rest for a few seconds or even 1-2 minutes.
The remote has fresh batteries and will operate the TV and VCR ect. When this problem is occurring the light in the on/off button does not blink to show that it is communicating with the remote. The control buttons on the front of the unit are not affected by this. I also cleaned the remote emitter and the R-15's IR receiver lens. I have also done a reset and unplugged it for a while.
Has anyone else ever experieced this?
How can this be fixed?
Thank you . Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased a large can of AIR and sprayed the accumulated dust from the circut-boards.
This seems to have fixed the problem. This has also worked on my older PCs. The dust will cause bridges in the connections on the circut-board ect.

If it returns, check for other sources of IR in the room. This can be a compact fluorescent light or another remote with a stuck button.

The problem returned to the point that it would not respond to the remote at all.
I went to Best Buy an for $99.00 the problem is fixed with a new R-15.
I wonder what parts I should save before junking the the old one. Maybe the hard drive.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)