My Random Thoughts from California (1000th Post!!!)

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
It's roughly 3:00 in California, and I feel like giving some random thoughts of what's happened since after the All-Star Game.

BTW, this is my 1000th post on SatelliteGuys since I joined in mid-April.

1. There are SO many nearby fast-food restaraunts near the house I'm staying at. There are TWO Jack In The Boxes that are five minutes away.

2. I'm surprised Jimbo, Bill and Paul haven't posted their real pictures. I'd like to see what they look like.

3. I found a link on SI.com making fun of the Islanders Hindenburg-esque troubles. Sandra would get a kick out of this- here's the link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0807/nhl.islanders.follies/content.1.html

4. I feel sorry for Tim Lincecum- he never got to participate in a truly great All-Star Game. I'd like to see him win 20 games; IMO, he IS the future of the Giants.

5. Ever checked out the Angry Video Game Nerd? Google it- this guy is HILARIOUS.

6. Now that Jason Taylor's gone, can we predict Miami's defense to be dead last in the NFL?

7. KCHalo Angel guy, have you ever checked out Marie Callender's? it's a great pie place.

8. Which was worse; Virtua Boy, the XFL, Crystal Pepsi, or New Coke?

9. Whatever happend to SportsChannel? How come it died out?

10. We know how Sandra feels about the Rangers and Islanders, but how does she feel about the Devils, Flyers, and Penguins?

11. Where exactly is Milka Duno from? I saw the clip, and I can't understand what language she's speaking.

12. Two other sites I personally check out frequently and I recommend:

Sports Media Watch (http://sportsmediawatch.blogspot.com)

Awful Announcing (http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/).

13. I'm personally not that excited about the Beijing olympics as I am about the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. None of the summer events excite me like the Olympic Hockey Tournament or ski-jumping.

14. A lot of people say that American sports fans are out of control, but have you ever seen soccer riots? I'll guarantee you that New York Rangers fans would never cause a riot and destroy half the city when the Penguins knocked their team out of the playoffs.

15. Why is it that when Roger Clemens made a minor-league start in 2006, it got so much coverage, yet when David Ortiz played in a minor-league game, it barely got any coverage?

16. I don't like TBS covering the MLB playoffs- FOX doesn't get to do anything before their LCS. Thom Brennaman would have probably injected more excitement into the Colorado/Arizona NLCS.

17. Does anyone remember when CBS covered NHL hockey in the late 60s/early 70s and when NBC covered NHL hockey in the early-to-mid-1970s?

18. Which is better; NBA games on a Friday night, or college football on a Friday night?

19. Over/Under: 27 wins for the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2008-09?

20. I wish soccer would ditch the tie like hockey did. Everytime I think of soccer, I remember this Homer Simpson quote: "I watched hours and hours of soccer. I almost saw a goal!"

7. KCHalo Angel guy, have you ever checked out Marie Callender's? it's a great pie place.

Yes! They are everywhere. Rumor has it they are feeling the financial crunch of people not dining out as much. They have great food as well as their pies.

13. I'm personally not that excited about the Beijing olympics as I am about the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. None of the summer events excite me like the Olympic Hockey Tournament or ski-jumping.

All I am concerned about this time is Michael Phelps and his seemingly unreachable star of 8 Olympic Gold Medals. I truly wish the boy well and hope he does bring back 8 Gold Ones from China!

Yes! They are everywhere. Rumor has it they are feeling the financial crunch of people not dining out as much. They have great food as well as their pies.

They are good. Twice a year they have a month-long special on whole pies. Love it!

As a pre-diabetic I have to watch my sugar intake. They have two "lite" (no-sugar-added) pies which are great---apple and razzleberry. The razzleberry lite is especially good (raspberry and blackberry combo). They used to have more "lite" pies, including peach and cherry, but discontinued them. I REALLY want them back!

2. I'm surprised Jimbo, Bill and Paul haven't posted their real pictures. I'd like to see what they look like.

I keep getting told that I'm a ringer for John Cusack (only I have facial hair). So Sabres, if you run into Johnny in Hollywood tell him his twin brother said hello. :D

17. Does anyone remember when CBS covered NHL hockey in the late 60s/early 70s and when NBC covered NHL hockey in the early-to-mid-1970s?

When the Islanders won their first cup in 1980, I distinctly remember watching it on CBS.

It's roughly 3:00 in California, and I feel like giving some random thoughts of what's happened since after the All-Star Game.

BTW, this is my 1000th post on SatelliteGuys since I joined in mid-April.

1. There are SO many nearby fast-food restaraunts near the house I'm staying at. There are TWO Jack In The Boxes that are five minutes away.

3. I found a link on SI.com making fun of the Islanders Hindenburg-esque troubles. Sandra would get a kick out of this- here's the link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0807/nhl.islanders.follies/content.1.html

4. I feel sorry for Tim Lincecum- he never got to participate in a truly great All-Star Game. I'd like to see him win 20 games; IMO, he IS the future of the Giants.

5. Ever checked out the Angry Video Game Nerd? Google it- this guy is HILARIOUS.

6. Now that Jason Taylor's gone, can we predict Miami's defense to be dead last in the NFL?

8. Which was worse; Virtua Boy, the XFL, Crystal Pepsi, or New Coke?

9. Whatever happend to SportsChannel? How come it died out?

10. We know how Sandra feels about the Rangers and Islanders, but how does she feel about the Devils, Flyers, and Penguins?

11. Where exactly is Milka Duno from? I saw the clip, and I can't understand what language she's speaking.

12. Two other sites I personally check out frequently and I recommend:

Sports Media Watch (http://sportsmediawatch.blogspot.com)

Awful Announcing (http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/).

14. A lot of people say that American sports fans are out of control, but have you ever seen soccer riots? I'll guarantee you that New York Rangers fans would never cause a riot and destroy half the city when the Penguins knocked their team out of the playoffs.

15. Why is it that when Roger Clemens made a minor-league start in 2006, it got so much coverage, yet when David Ortiz played in a minor-league game, it barely got any coverage?

16. I don't like TBS covering the MLB playoffs- FOX doesn't get to do anything before their LCS. Thom Brennaman would have probably injected more excitement into the Colorado/Arizona NLCS.

18. Which is better; NBA games on a Friday night, or college football on a Friday night?

19. Over/Under: 27 wins for the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2008-09?

20. I wish soccer would ditch the tie like hockey did. Everytime I think of soccer, I remember this Homer Simpson quote: "I watched hours and hours of soccer. I almost saw a goal!"

Hope you're enjoying CA!

1. I do remember that about LA. They have all of the fast food restaurants we have in NJ, plus Jack in the Box, In & Out, Carl's Jr, El Polo Loco, Wienerschnitzel and countless others. It's fast food City.

3. I'll have to check that out.

9. Most of them wound up getting bought out by the Fox Sports Nets I think.

10. Meh, if it's a Stanley Cup Series they're a big rival, otherwise not so much. It was nice to see Avery knock Brodeur off his pedestal in April.

13. I can't get into any Olympics. All they show is gymnastics in the summer and figure skating in the winter. I don't like either one, and I'm part of the demographic they're shooting for. And I hate how they mold everything into a story every night instead of just showing sports.

14. So true. Many soccer fans are crazy.

18. Both are awesome and so is high school football! Does anyone ever really wonder why I'm not married? ;)

20. FIFA wants every soccer league to use the same rules.

Sandra

13. I can't get into any Olympics. All they show is gymnastics in the summer and figure skating in the winter. I don't like either one, and I'm part of the demographic they're shooting for. And I hate how they mold everything into a story every night instead of just showing sports.

lundqvist_sweden_flag_tall.jpg

Other than the object of your affections leading Sweden to a gold medal in 2006, I agree that you could care less.

All I care about in the Winter games are Skiing, ski-jumping, and ice hockey .

I'm a computer illiterate. I don't know how to post my picture. You're really not missing anything. I got some free time next week, maybe I'll try to figure it out. Maybe somebody can give me a step-by-step, on how, and where (what thread was that, anyhow?)

Congrats on the 1,000 I hope to join yea one day.

In regards to the Friday nights.....Collehe football for sure, kind of sets the tone for the weekend!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)