My recordings folder # is inacurately showing # of episodes in folder

kristy

Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
Hi. I hope I worded the title correct.

Anyhow, what I am experiencing is the folder will say I have 7 Flintstones episodes yet when you go to the folder there is one episode in the folder. this was happening with the Tom & Jerry, Flintstones kids and a few other shows. (yes, we like classic cartoons) :)

I went in and deleted all the timers and all the episodes and started over. I just knew that would fix the problem. It did on some, but not on others. The Flintstones folder is still showing wrong.

A few weeks ago, we had recordings that were showing up with red writing an an error. I can't remember the error. It was 40x (maybe 403). I just deleted the show and thought that would fix the problem. That was when this issue started.

Anyone got any ideas on what might be the problem?

Thanks. :)

Oh, Hopper software S439NACB with 3 Joeys S375.

WP_20140613_001.jpg WP_20140613_002.jpg WP_20140613_001.jpg WP_20140613_002.jpg

I have noticed that on one of my Hoppers lately. I noticed that if you press the UP ARROW key while that single episode is highlighted, it will scroll one-by-one through the list, but it's not sorted right. I have to perform a search in order to have a properly working list, and be able to sort it. Interestingly, when I access that Hopper from one of my other Hoppers, everything's fine.

I just recently started experiencing this with one of my programs as well. Since it was prior recordings from an OTA subchannel timer (from back before name-based timers were rendered useless on subchannels...Thanks Dish! :rolleyes:), I assumed it was related to that timer issue. I've found it behaves several different ways for me depending on which receiver I'm at, and the sort method:
  • If the list is set to sort by Episode #, and if I'm looking at the list on my Super Joey, it will behave like 3HaloODST mentions above.
  • If the list is set to sort by Episode #, and if I'm looking at the list on my Hopper, it will behave as if there is only one episode. Period. No selecting or arrow keys will indicate anything exists other than the one episode it shows.
  • HOWEVER...if I set either one to sort by DVR Date, ALL the episodes reappear on the list.
You might want to try changing that sort method with yours if you haven't already.

Reactions: kristy
I saw this months ago where the recordings list showed two episodes, but only one was inside. I was also unable to delete the recording as well until S438.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• If the list is set to sort by Episode #, and if I'm looking at the list on my Hopper, it will behave as if there is only one episode. Period. No selecting or arrow keys will indicate anything exists other than the one episode it shows.
  • HOWEVER...if I set either one to sort by DVR Date, ALL the episodes reappear on the list.
You might want to try changing that sort method with yours if you haven't already.

This helped. True, if it is set to the episode # it will only show one episode (which must be deleted via folder delete). Switch to dvr date and all the episodes show up. It does NOT work this way for all programs recorded. So far only those I mentioned, the classic boomerang cartoons.

This should be addressed. Not everyone wants their stuff sorted by dvr date. I have whole seasons of shows that I watch by ep # ....

Thanks DWS44. You saved me a call and possibly losing all my saved episodes by thinking I needed a replacement box. :) :) :) Much thanks.

You have to be careful with episode number as well. Sometimes the network will send out episodes out of order. For example, they might show episode 1 and then 3 and then 2 and then 4.

You have to be careful with episode number as well. Sometimes the network will send out episodes out of order. For example, they might show episode 1 and then 3 and then 2 and then 4.

I agree. NCIS is all out of order. The episodes don't match the titles ... that sucks sometimes. Gotta love epguides

I too am experiencing the same thing. In addition, my DVR folders are messed up, and one of the 5 or 6 always shows up as a blank, and often times I have to save to the "wrong" folder to make it go to the one I want. Couple this with no ability to create folders on the EHD and you have to wonder why Dish file functions are so "amateur hour". For all the great technology with the hopper, this important user interface experience seems to be very low priority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts