My RSN-HD is on 129 sat. Should I add a another dish?

styxfix

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 7, 2003
Pacific Coast
I currently have a D500 for 119 and 110 and two D300s for 148 and 61.5 They are all running to a DPP44 switch. I use the 148 sat mostly for a slightly better version of HBO-HD and 61.5 sat for my other HD channels inc. Cinnamax-HD. I'm hoping soon my FSNBA-HD will be come available and when it does I won't get it with my exsiting setup. Which option would be the best for getting FSNBA-HD and not losing my other channels due to low signal because I'm in the Bay Area?

1) Repoint the D300 dish currently pointing to the 148 sat to the 129 sat.

2) Repoint the D300 dish currently pointing to the 61.5 sat to the 129 sat.

3) Add a fourth dish and point it to the 129 sat (5 total sat locations) and two DP21 swithes for my 622 receiver.

With my existing setup I rarely ever lose signal which is why I never bothered with the wobblly 129 sat. I don't know if that wil still be the case if I use option 1 or 2.

Putting the 61 input before the 129 input on the multiswitch will give it preference for the channels on both locations, avoiding the 129 when possible.

Putting the 61 input before the 129 input on the multiswitch will give it preference for the channels on both locations, avoiding the 129 when possible.

That's not true. The receivers defaults to 129 whenever the signal is there. The only way to make it default to 61.5 is to remove 129. I've tested and others have tested.

"1) Repoint the D300 dish currently pointing to the 148 sat to the 129 sat."

That's what I would do. You could also get a 24 inch dish for 129 and your signal strength will increase.

Styxfix, I'm the Bay Area too. Where are you located?

I'm in the South Bay in Fremont.

I know there are lots of weak transponders that are on 129 for us around here. When it starts to rain this winter, I'm sure their might be some signal issues. I know the Cinamax-HD transponder is esp. weak and I won't be surprised if some of the new HD channels added this week won't be very strong. If I have 129 and 61.5 will the 622 be smart enough to switch to the other sat (61.5) if I lose signal or will I still get a error message of no signal? If I still get an error message what advantages would I have pointing at both sats.

I do have an extra D500 which I could use for the 129 sat that might give me a little more signal. I wish DISH, for now, would just put FSNBA-HD on a spot beam on 110 then I would not have to worry about this.

I'm in the South Bay in Fremont.

I know there are lots of weak transponders that are on 129 for us around here. When it starts to rain this winter, I'm sure their might be some signal issues. I know the Cinamax-HD transponder is esp. weak and I won't be surprised if some of the new HD channels added this week won't be very strong. If I have 129 and 61.5 will the 622 be smart enough to switch to the other sat (61.5) if I lose signal or will I still get a error message of no signal? If I still get an error message what advantages would I have pointing at both sats.

A single dish pointed at 129 should get you a better signal. Default will give you 129 over 61.5. Only way to give 61.5 over 129 is to disconnect 129 and do a switch test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts