My Sg2100 just stop and won't go East.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

t_n

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
Minnesota
I had noted my motor kind of sticky lately when I’m switching to different sat. It just stopped moving today.
I had tried: turned back switch off (Pansat 3500s), unplug the power. No sign of moving at all.
I went outside (damn it’s COLD) to look at the motor’s LED, it blink Orange. So, I guess it’s time for the reset, first I want to move the dish back to “0” before do the reset but the problem is when I press once at manual button, it move to west And pressed twice, it still move to west. ????? I tried many times, it just keep going west

Any help please.

You can do the reset in any position, but once you have it running again you will have to go back to ZERO and to it again to set it as your 0 deg.

I have had to reset my motor around 4 times in 2 years and I am sure the fault was in the receiver 3 out of four times at least!

I would try another receiver also if you have one, or check the voltage coming out of your receiver on a H Transponder then on a V Transponder.

I would also check the Hardware limits in case one has come loose and stopped in moving!

As I say most of the time its the receiver so it may take a "factory default" on the receiver to get everything working again!!

Last edited:
I’ll try couple of your suggestion this weekend. Will see what happen!
Thanks for quick replied.

So should I reset the motor first or to set the receiver back to factory default?

Thanks.

Most of the time I find it to be the receiver, its - 9 deg. C. outside :) I would try the factory default on the receiver!

I know its a pain to do it and loose all your stored satellites, but that may do the trick.

When I reset the receiver, I usually also reset the motor, for good measure.

Power down (main switch) and disconnect your receiver from the motor first. Power up, factory reset the receiver, then power down again. Reconnect the motor, power up the receiver, and reset the motor.

have you tried to just power off the reciever with the switch on the back? That usually solves my issues

as for the manual move....I cant remember how it is but you have to hit the button twice really fast to move east

Iceberg said:
have you tried to just power off the reciever with the switch on the back? That usually solves my issues
Yes, I did.
Iceberg said:
as for the manual move....I cant remember how it is but you have to hit the button twice really fast to move east
Pushed twice within 0.5 second, till going west.
Thanks.

maybe its the other way. Push button, wait a second then push again

I havent done it in a while but its a bugger sometimes to get it to go east

Finally, I got my motor to move east.
Push once AND KEEP PRESSING to move west, push twice AND KEEP PRESSING to move east.
After I moved the dish back to “0” and still given me no signal! I then checked each of every cable and sure enough one of them cable was loose.
Very thing are OK now. :) :)
Thanks for your help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.