My Superdish is IN!!!!!

joth386

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2003
I had my Superdish installed this afternoon. Everything went fine and I've got to say that my locals look great. It beats anything I have ever gotten from the locals on antenna. I am very pleased with it all. The installer came out because the retailor system was down and I was one of the few he could get too. I guess it was my lucky day.

I wonder if the channels at 105 are going to be compressed as much as those at the other slots (61.5/110/119/148).

I was concerned about the compression but at least for me the locals are as crisp and clear as anything else I view on these TV's.

Perhaps that could be one advantage to having a SuperDish, maybe less compression? Or maybe compression will increase once the new satellite is launched. The reason I mention this is due to the fact that I saw many posts regarding the picture quality of locals in some markets.

mikew said:
I wonder how long all of those locals will be CONUS.

It looks like they will be CONUS for a long time to come. AMC-15 has only CONUS transponders for their FSS Ku-band capacity. Their Ka-band transponders look like they are spotbeams, though. I wonder if there is a plan for E* to make use of them...?

Here is a link to SES Americom's website with the footprint info:

http://www.ses-americom.com/satellites/amc-15_ku.html

The spotbeams for the new satellite to be launched at 105 are going to be used for the new broadband service in 2005.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)