My Thanks For All The Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi All,

Well one year after taking my dish off its 20 foot perch and placing it on a more workable 8 foot pole, my system is up and running. After doing another string test this weekend, I found my dish is slightly warped. My first string test while it was on the ground before its new placement, showed no warping. So either the string test wasn't accurate while on the ground, or It might have gotten warped after placing it on its new pole...as gentle as we were. This slight warping prevents me from getting the full range of satellites available to me. So my range is now 89W to 121w. I would have liked to receive a few more satellites to the east, but in adjusting my dish do to, so I mess up my western sats. If I could figure out a way to straighten out my dish using turnbuckles and the like, I would give it a go, but I'm not familiar with this process. I still have my 9 foot Radio Shack dish, but the polar mounting hardware, which I didn't store properly, has been damaged and weakened by rust. I might consider mounting the R.S. dish on my current KTI mount in the future, if at all possible. Not going to even consider this until next year however, as I want to enjoy the dish as is.
Thanks to all of you especially KE4EST (Michael), Titanium (Brian) and .Raine.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome, John.

If you do set up the 9' Radio Shack dish, I have a 9' Radio Shack dish setup here myself, so I could send you pictures and a copy of the manual if you needed them.

I really like the one I have, it has a HH mount and works real good. If your 9' RS is like mine, it's a nice dish.

Andy

Reactions: JFOK
Andy,

I believe I still have my Radio Shack manuals for both the dish and receiver, but thanks for the offer. However, I don't think I'd be able to use the H-H polar mount as it has suffered from rust damage near the gear mechanism. I stupidly didn't store it properly like I did the dish panels, which look great..
If I were to use the R.S. dish again I'd either have to find another R.S. H-H mount or find a way to adapt it to my KTI mount...if at all possible.

John

Reactions: . Raine
John,
Don't know how I missed this til now, but glad I could help in the many emails and PM's.
So glad to see you have it up and tracking the arc like it should!
If you need anything else you know that we are here to help you out!

Reactions: JFOK
Michael,

Well I am tracking the arc, but not as good as I could be. I think a slight warp in my dish as you suspected, is keeping me from reaching anything east of 89W.
Thanks again for your help, generosity and patience, it was much appreciated.;)

John

Reactions: KE4EST
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)