My Theater for Win 98? Anyone Please!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Roadrash13

Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
Is there a download for My Theater that works with Win 98se, tried the latest v3.35.1 full package & thats only for Win 2000 or XP. I really want to steer clear of changing OS if thats possible. I thought possibly an earlier version of My Theater, but don't know which one?
Or any other program that will work with Twinhan & 98se

Thanks & any help is greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to PM me...

Roadrash13 said:
Is there a download for My Theater that works with Win 98se, tried the latest v3.35.1 full package & thats only for Win 2000 or XP. I really want to steer clear of changing OS if thats possible. I thought possibly an earlier version of My Theater, but don't know which one?
Or any other program that will work with Twinhan & 98se

Thanks & any help is greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to PM me...

Never used it with Win 98 .

Try d/l'ing DVBDream or ProgDVD . They might work ?

What about the Twinhan software ?

Wyr

WyrTwister said:
Never used it with Win 98 .

Try d/l'ing DVBDream or ProgDVD . They might work ?

What about the Twinhan software ?

Wyr
Special thank to WyrTwister :D

Ok, on to another program for Win 98se.
As I posted before My Theater is only for Win 2000 or XP. I asked around on a few different sites & researched & heres what found ProgDVB 4.62.6 full, & 4.56.2 full, & 4.48.2 full, all after install popup a "RUNTIME ERROR". ProgDVB 4.26.4 Full Install seems to install just fine. Now after reading the manual (pretty vague!) I have to figure out what files to put where. If anyone knows anything about this, any helpfull hints would be greatly appreciated!

Again many thanks to everyone.

Roadrash13 said:
Special thank to WyrTwister :D

Ok, on to another program for Win 98se.
As I posted before My Theater is only for Win 2000 or XP. I asked around on a few different sites & researched & heres what found ProgDVB 4.62.6 full, & 4.56.2 full, & 4.48.2 full, all after install popup a "RUNTIME ERROR". ProgDVB 4.26.4 Full Install seems to install just fine. Now after reading the manual (pretty vague!) I have to figure out what files to put where. If anyone knows anything about this, any helpfull hints would be greatly appreciated!

Again many thanks to everyone.

I have tried running Prog , but mever quite got it right . Probably did not put in the time and effore necessary . Was too easy to cop out and go back to MT .

I can not remember if you said you were running a stationary or motorixed dish . Best to learn on a stationary , first .

Remember , on a software card , like Twinhan or a hardware care running in software mode ( like a Nexus-S ) , you MUST get the graphs / codex / drivers or what ever you want to call them , working right , to get a picture .

Also do a google search for DVBDream .

If you have a fast enough processer ( really need at least a 600 MHZ ) and at least 256 ram , I would recommend upgradeing to Win XP Service Pack 2 . Is there a service pack 3 out ?

Best of luck ,
Wyr

Try installing Win DVD & Power DVD if you have it . Other DVD players , too ( like Nero ) if you have them .

WyrTwister said:
I have tried running Prog , but mever quite got it right . Probably did not put in the time and effore necessary . Was too easy to cop out and go back to MT .

I can not remember if you said you were running a stationary or motorixed dish . Best to learn on a stationary , first .

Remember , on a software card , like Twinhan or a hardware care running in software mode ( like a Nexus-S ) , you MUST get the graphs / codex / drivers or what ever you want to call them , working right , to get a picture .

Also do a google search for DVBDream .

If you have a fast enough processer ( really need at least a 600 MHZ ) and at least 256 ram , I would recommend upgradeing to Win XP Service Pack 2 . Is there a service pack 3 out ?

Best of luck ,
Wyr

Try installing Win DVD & Power DVD if you have it . Other DVD players , too ( like Nero ) if you have them .

1st. Yes, I'm running stationary dish

2nd. The graphs, codex & drivers are really hard to find. Biggest question (which ones for progDVB 4.26.4 & where to put them?)

3rd. Dell P3, 128mb. ram, Visiontek Extasy Everything 64mb. VIVO video card.
10gig. fireball HD. OS-Windows 98SE

4th. I have Win DVD4 & its installed. (What does that do for sat TV?)

Thanks again, Steve

Roadrash13 said:
1st. Yes, I'm running stationary dish

2nd. The graphs, codex & drivers are really hard to find. Biggest question (which ones for progDVB 4.26.4 & where to put them?)

3rd. Dell P3, 128mb. ram, Visiontek Extasy Everything 64mb. VIVO video card.
10gig. fireball HD. OS-Windows 98SE

4th. I have Win DVD4 & its installed. (What does that do for sat TV?)

Thanks again, Steve

In Prog , I think I put the video stuff in a folder named Graphs\ , in the main directory of Prog ( \ProgDVB\Graphs\ ) .

I do not know how fast your processer is , seems like on the 1020A Twinhan box , it said 400 or 600 minimun . Got Twinhan 1020A working on a 600 mhz Celeron , before I upgraded computers . But it was about the min .

If you are going to recore TV to HD , a 10 gig hard drive is not going to cut it . 128 meg of ram is probably border line . I had 128 = 64 meg on the Celeron 600 . Was running Win XP .

WinDVD installs interVideo graphs / drivers / codexes in Windows . Try choosing InterVideo or Elcard graphs in your sat software .

Wyr

WyrTwister said:
In Prog , I think I put the video stuff in a folder named Graphs\ , in the main directory of Prog ( \ProgDVB\Graphs\ ) .

I do not know how fast your processer is , seems like on the 1020A Twinhan box , it said 400 or 600 minimun . Got Twinhan 1020A working on a 600 mhz Celeron , before I upgraded computers . But it was about the min .

If you are going to recore TV to HD , a 10 gig hard drive is not going to cut it . 128 meg of ram is probably border line . I had 128 = 64 meg on the Celeron 600 . Was running Win XP .

WinDVD installs interVideo graphs / drivers / codexes in Windows . Try choosing InterVideo or Elcard graphs in your sat software .

Wyr

I'm using ProgDVB with the system listed below & its slow, but was to be expected! I will be adding more ram soon & I'm sure this will help, This was a test for 98se but I got tired of running into dead ends LOL! I've since switched to XP home upgrade from 98se & that was the ticket in my opinion.

The 1020a is the first test I have done, I see it won't be the last! This is a great hobby, frusterating sometimes for sure but alot of fun. I'm picking up a Twinhan starbox next to test, with a P4 2.6ghz., 1.5gigs. ddr ram, XP sp2, FX 5900 ultra vivo card, & I can't wait...

Using progDVB I can't find in the list Echostar 6,8... anyone know why or how? Is it called something else? I'm pointed at 110, 119 as I have script. to D*** so this might help you answer my question...

Many thanks to ALL of you here & other forums for the help & many kind words. I couldn't have done it without you all! (Special Thanks to WyrTwister :up )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)