My UHF TV2 remote is acting like an IR remote!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dishbd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Ok here's the deal. I have a 622 & a 625. Each come with an IR remote for TV1 & a IR/UHF Pro for TV2. The 625's IR/UHF Pro is a 6.0, and the 622's IR/UHF Pro is a 6.3.

So here is what happened. My kids we messing with the remotes one day and I thought they had broken the 622's TV2 UHF Pro remote. So, I decided to make my 625's UHF Pro remote work for TV2 on my 622. So, I go through the steps, System Info, press record on the remote, and boom, my 622 TV2 now uses the address for my 625's UHF remote. Everything is cool.

Well, back to the UHF Pro remote for the 622 that I thought was broken. Turns out just the batteries were low. So I replace the batteries, and I thought I could then just run the System Info screen on the 622 again, and get the TV2 address to change back to what it was for the original remote. The problem is, it changed the address for TV1! So now, it will not use my UHF Pro remote for TV2, just TV1. AND, it only works IR. If I close the cabinet door, it won't work.

So I know this may sound ridiculously confusing, but does anyone have any thoughts? I'm just trying to get my UHF Pro remote that came with the 622, to work for TV2 again on the 622, like it was in the beginning.

EDIT TO ADD: The remote in question still has the tab at the bottom showing "2 - UHF Pro" like it always has.

Thanks in advance!!!

Take your green #1 remote for the 622 and press record on it while the sys info screen is on. That will put your box back to IR mode for TV 1. Try changing the address on the 622 #2 remote and then pressing record. You might even change it to the code number that the 625 uses for #2 and then go into the 625's SI and put a new code for the 625's #2 remote.

Does your 622's TV1 remote use UHF or IR?

Take your green #1 remote for the 622 and press record on it while the sys info screen is on. That will put your box back to IR mode for TV 1. Try changing the address on the 622 #2 remote and then pressing record. You might even change it to the code number that the 625 uses for #2 and then go into the 625's SI and put a new code for the 625's #2 remote.

Does your 622's TV1 remote use UHF or IR?

I actually ended up trying all of that, except for changing anything on the 625 itself. I'm honestly beginning to thing that maybe this #2 remote for the 622 is broken in the sense that it will only act as an IR remote now.

And to answer your question, my TV1 remote uses IR on the 622. You know my ultimate goal (and this is an entirely different topic) would be to be able to have UHF for both TV1 & TV2 if that is even possible. But in the mean time I've got to get this existing remote thing figured out.

Thanks for your help!

The UHF Pro 6.0 has a two position switch under the 1/2 key. It can be in either IR-only mode, or UHF-only mode. I have a 625 and I can assure you that you can use the 6.0 remotes for both TV1 and TV2; the only thing you have to do is get the receiver's TV1 and TV2 UHF remote channel numbers to be different.

I believe the UHF Pro 6.3 is the Universal remote which has a 4 position switch under the keys. If your kids mixed up the keys from 6.3 to 6.0 remotes, you are going to have "fun" unscrambling things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts