My upgrade plan's

vinnyv07 said:
I just wanted to state that for those of us in the NorthEast and other areas North....the Dish 1000 is not an option. It will not solve anything for us.....we will have to have 2 dishes no matter what.

You East coast subscribers are now in the position we West coast subscribers have been since they put Voom up. Sucks doesn't it?

NightRyder

Last edited:
hmmmm

If i return my 942 under buyers remorse will I be able to get the new reciever now with the 299 price. IS the new reciever a dual tuner reciever just like the 942.

ronnich28 said:
If i return my 942 under buyers remorse will I be able to get the new reciever now with the 299 price. IS the new reciever a dual tuner reciever just like the 942.

The 622 is a dual tuner but you probably won't be able to get one until March at the earliest.

NightRyder

So, basically I'm SOL with the single Dish 1000, and would have to put up a second dish correct? If I did it, would did supply the second dish along with the two 211's, switches, diplexors, dp whatevers for $49???

If my understanding is correct, I already have all of the dishes I need, so I guess I will just change out the 942 and the 811 sometime after April 1 in order to cut my cost. I just hope the April Fool's joke is not on me!

---Doug

Jimmy J said:
So, basically I'm SOL with the single Dish 1000, and would have to put up a second dish correct? If I did it, would did supply the second dish along with the two 211's, switches, diplexors, dp whatevers for $49???

I would think so sice the the DISH 1000 is almost the same as two dishes (3 oribit locations) and it's beleived that the 61.5 sat will carry most of the same national HD channels as the 129 sat.

Jimmy J said:

The details have yet to be released but I would assume that Dish will have a second dish package for those that can't use a Dish 1000.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
The details have yet to be released but I would assume that Dish will have a second dish package for those that can't use a Dish 1000.
NightRyder

Aiyyy-yi-yiiihh....my head hurts AGAIN!!! So how long before I should attempt to do anything?:confused:

Jimmy J said:
Aiyyy-yi-yiiihh....my head hurts AGAIN!!! So how long before I should attempt to do anything?:confused:

Take 2 aspirin and call Dish February 1 :D

As always keep checking back here for the latest....

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
NightRyder
Charlie did say Dish would provide whatever was needed to receive the new channels as part of the upgrade. I would take that to mean the second dish along with any additional switches and cable that are required.
It wasn't clear to me though how the upgrade would work for more than one receiver. Two 811's could be 2 x $49 to upgrade both to 211's.

fs2685 said:
Charlie did say Dish would provide whatever was needed to receive the new channels as part of the upgrade. I would take that to mean the second dish along with any additional switches and cable that are required.

Thats been my experience. When I added my 811, I received all new DP LNBFs and a new DP-34 switch.

NightRyder

Hey guys I have a Dish 500 and 61.5 and currently have a 301.
I am thinking of buying a 411 or 211 from Dish Depot.
Do you think I should go ahead and do this. I do not like leasing period.
I want to retire my 301 as it has awful reception especially on 300 (HBO).
I have a HDTV and want some HD (HD Lite) programming.
Thanks

Last edited:
I'm shooting for phoning Charlie in mid-late April. Asking for the $200 rebate on my $299 upgrade from a 942 to a 622. Then asking them to simply send me the 622 and waive the $99 installation/new antenna fee. I'll just box up my 942 and send it back and pay shipping, of course. Since I already have two dishes pointed at 110, 119, and 61.5 I'm thinking I might be covered.... do you think I'll need new switches? I'm not sure how to confirm what switches I have... all I can find is DPP Twin in the set-up menus... help?

fs2685 said:
Why are you against leasing? There will most likely be a $4.99 lease fee, but if you own you would have to pay the same amount as an additional outlet fee.
Simple its like leqasing a car, put your money down and pay monthly payments and in the end it not yours. Also, electronics like this depreciate so much. Hell in a year the damn 211 and 411 won't even be worth a $100.
Also, I have kids and any damage is possible. I would not buy insuarance for warranty from them as they are getting enough of my money as it is 180+HBO+Local+South Asian Mega Pack(going up from 49.99 to 54.99).

I am retiring my 301 for good.

Jimmy J said:
Are you serious??? So, all this upgrading to the new MPEG 4 rcvr's does us no good? So even if I swap out my two 811's for two 211's and a dish 1000, I won't be able to recieve anymore HD than I already have??? IS THAT WHAT YOU"RE TELLING ME!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
I swear, the almighty man upstairs as my witness, if this is true...I'll dump Dish, any and all SAT & or Cable, purchase a new TOSHIBA HD-A1 and watch nothing but HD-DVD's!!!
If it simply requires the install of another dish pointed elsewhere then fine.:eek:
Hey Jimmy....yes your last line of your post is correct. Even with the install of a brand new dish 1000, you would still need an additional dish pointing at 61.5...which is were the Voom ch's are. You just can't get 129 everywhere....and you can't get a sig from 110, 119 and 61.5 on the same dish.

I'm back. Somehow the wife missed! Alright, all kidding aside now. What are my options?

Since, I'm in the Noretheast the Dish 1000 is useless to me (can't get 129 from my lacale if I'm not mistaken), my ONLY option is 61.5 right? If I make the upgrade (probably two 211's) @ $49 each, will dish provide the extra dish whatever it is, and do the install?

UPDATE: Apparently you're only allowed to upgrade to 1 MPEG4 rcvr per year!!!

Last edited:
I think my plans are to upgrade. It makes semse to me to take advantage of the offer to get the D1000 and the upgraded installation but also keep my 61.5 for the future.
seems to me that having the ability to receive more orbital positions is good insurance for the future. I will "trade" my 921 for a 622 and keep the 510 for now, by "looping" the rf out of the 622 through the 510 to feed my house distribution I get all the outputs in SD with Stereo to all rooms and have HD on the main set. I will do this as soon as Dish knows where everything, like LIL HD will be, maybe mid February. It seems to me that you will be able to go ahead and upgrade but have to wait for the rebate until March. I welcome any comments if any can see holes in my plan.:)

No brainer here folks. Well trade my 811, and get rid of my 510, which are both used on my sony wega, for a 622 and a Dish 1000. I have a dish at 61.5 for sky angel and present hd channels. Since all new HD will come from mpeg 4 reciever, I will pay the 299 or is it 249?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts