My upgrade plan's

Right now I have one 811 (lease) and a (501) own, HD in living room and SD in bedroom. I’m going to wait until May or June to upgrade the 811 to a VIP622 and sell the 501 on eBay, this way I’ll still have a DVR and be able to use the 622 SD out to view VOOM in the bedroom.

I already have a 61.5 dish, and Philadelphia can't get the 1000. I'm planning to trade in my owned 811 for a leased 211 and pay the $49. Of course, this all depends on when the CSRs will be able to accept these orders. Tried on Tuesday afternoon and this morning, and both time got told "not now, but not sure when."

I think it's time to write to Charlie and ask if anyone will be taking advantage of his offers before ESPN2HD launches on 1/Feb.

I think the $49 upgrade fee is bogus if you already have either a 61.5 or a 129 antenna. Why not just do a box swap for us, with the usual $25 shipping charge?

I'm not going to upgrade my two 811's that I own until DISH offers two 211's for no upgrade fee and I get to own them with no lease fee. In the mean time DISH will not get anymore money from me to get any more HD. I already get all my locals off my antenna so all I'll be missing is the 5 new voom, ESPN2 and U-HD. I believe if I wait them out untill all is converted to MPEG4 they will replace all for free or I'll go to Cablevision.

johnny_b said:
I'm not going to upgrade my two 811's that I own until DISH offers two 211's for no upgrade fee and I get to own them with no lease fee. In the mean time DISH will not get anymore money from me to get any more HD. I already get all my locals off my antenna so all I'll be missing is the 5 new voom, ESPN2 and U-HD. I believe if I wait them out untill all is converted to MPEG4 they will replace all for free or I'll go to Cablevision.

Johnny,

That's when & if they'll replace them for free. Having two 811's myslef, I'm going to upgrade one of them to a 211, have them install a second dish for 61.5, and then play the 1 year waiting game! Who knows, with any luck maybe before the years up, I'll be able to upgrade the second 811 for another 211 for free or at least cheap! If not, fine then my year will be up anyway, and It'll be time for the next free upgrade!

johnny_b said:
Jimmy
One question I have Is if I were to upgrade one of my 811's would the other one still be able to pick up the MPEG2 HD.

It would have to. At least as for as long as they have MPEG2 up & running...which by all accounts will be longer than the one year waiting period for another free upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts