My VBox III Positioner only goes to Position 66 - How do you get it to go up to Pos 99?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Just discovered my V Box III which currently has 37 positions stored in it only goes up to a Maximum of 66 Positions ie Pos 66. The Manual says its capacity is for 99 Positions. I need the extra positions since I am using it to store positions on Both my AzBox and Openbox Sat Receivers. Does anyone know how to get the V Box III past position 66, ie up to Pos 67, 68, 69, etc. up to Pos 99. Or is a complete Reset required? Any comments / help would be much appreciated.

It may be a limitation of your receiver.

Try using the Vbox remote to manually define a new position with a higher P number. This might tell what is going on.

i've read the v-box manual ( as much of it as there is lol ) and it does say 99 for diseqc 1.2

i think i remember you saying you was planning on controlling one motor with two boxes was that correct ?

would it mater to the v-box which receiver has saved the settings to the v-box and just edit those satellite p locations into the second receiver ? that way you only use 37 for both receivers >

so if azbox has a saved position for satellite 101 W = P 010
would it matter if you edited the solemend and told it that satellite 101 w was at P 010 ? just asking i haven't tried two receivers and one v-box

I seem to remember when i first got my v-box III that i manually programed the satellites into it without the receiver and later wrote down all the positions ( p locations) and edited it into my coolsat ... the coolsat didn't mind as long as i told it what p location to go to it went there.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the older V Box controllers were limited and if memory serves, I do believe that number was 66?

I've got a Vbox X that is that is suppose to be good for 99 connected to TWO receivers which are BOTH programmed identically, ie, both have the same Pxx number for each sat position but I'm only using up to P58. In fact, both my systems are setup identically and I can swap receivers between systems. I use diode protected splitters and NEVER have power on but one receiver at a time. :D Ask me how I know that.

I definitely use the same positions on several different receivers on my Gbox. No reason why they shouldn't work with your setup, unless your receivers don't support the same postion number range. :)

i've read the v-box manual ( as much of it as there is lol ) and it does say 99 for diseqc 1.2

i think i remember you saying you was planning on controlling one motor with two boxes was that correct ?

would it mater to the v-box which receiver has saved the settings to the v-box and just edit those satellite p locations into the second receiver ? that way you only use 37 for both receivers >
so if azbox has a saved position for satellite 101 W = P 010
would it matter if you edited the solemend and told it that satellite 101 w was at P 010 ? just asking i haven't tried two receivers and one v-box

Thanks all for the suggestions.... Gabshere, I'm using the same V Box III to separately feed two different Receivers except for AzBox positions are P01 to P037 and for Openbox X3 using P41 and up for the Same Satellite Positions on the Actuator. The Openbox X3 on its Satellite count shows that it can only get to 63, and the AzBox previously showed up to a max count of 66. Not sure what you mean if I edited the Solemend?

i was just using the receiver as an example doesn't matter if receiver is azbox openbox coolsat they should all be able to edit and use the same satellite locations, that was just a thought. it would be the same if you added the microHD i suspect .... as long as you know the V-Box III p location for each satellite you should be able to edit the receiver file and add that p location for each satellite

Turn both receivers on at the same time and that Vbox X will go bonkers trying to go two places at once. Usually requires a reprogram of all locations. ;) That diode protected splitter I'm using on the receiver side will only isolate voltage from the receivers but the Vbox gets signals from both at the same time.

Turn both receivers on at the same time and that Vbox X will go bonkers trying to go two places at once. Usually requires a reprogram of all locations. ;) That diode protected splitter I'm using on the receiver side will only isolate voltage from the receivers but the Vbox gets signals from both at the same time.

that would be a downfall .

but that problem would be the same even if both receiver had their own p locations too so only one receiver could be powered at a time.

of course it would be a lot of reprogramming to test the receivers in the opposite order ( but you said one could only get 66 and the other 63 so reprogramming might not help )

can you manually program the v-box III for the positions needed above 66 and manually edit them into the receiver ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts