My Windows Phone Review

I'm guessing flash would detract from the buttery smoothness of both. :)

But I'll leave that to the expert judgment of Todd "Coach Buttermaker" Smith. ;)

iOS did not have copy and paste for a long time, but yes, it has it - and according to a google search - so does WP7.

From what I have read WP7 does not yet support flash, and you know the answer about that for iOS.

Correct. It does copy/paste. It does not have flash yet.
After having android, and having an Ipad and now the WP, not having flash is not the hindrance that I would have expected.

msmith198025 said:
Correct. It does copy/paste. It does not have flash yet.
After having android, and having an Ipad and now the WP, not having flash is not the hindrance that I would have expected.

As you know I had a Android phone that didn't have flash and IMO it lacked abilities that I know have with my phone that does have flash but to each his own.

As you know I had a Android phone that didn't have flash and IMO it lacked abilities that I know have with my phone that does have flash but to each his own.

No doubt, to some it is essential, to me it has been no big deal. I simply have not come across a situation so far where I said, "dang it, if I only had flash"

No doubt, to some it is essential, to me it has been no big deal. I simply have not come across a situation so far where I said, "dang it, if I only had flash"

This is probably a function of the iPhone. Websites everywhere are changing to have non flash content to support all the iPhones (and others) that they want to visit their site but do not have flash. Now with the iPad being so popular the importance of having a site having all the content available without flash is even more important. Apple has killed flash, it is dead and Adobe knows it (they are making their stuff HTML5 now). I bet in 5 years it will be hard to find sites with flash any more.

Flash is dead. Long live flash. :)

Nah, seriously - when I first got the iPad, I noticed it much more than I do now. I think the statement is true - web designers have simply moved on and abandoned flash. Steve spoke - said flash is not like butter - and that was that. :)

Almost a month in with the phone and OS, and I will say that my feelings on the platform have stayed true, if even perhaps slightly improved.

I am still very pleased. The lack of flash has been a total non issue for me. The main complaint is still the multitasking issue, and the way IM works because of that. I have alleviated that somewhat by simply using text, so I can deal with it, even though a fix is most likely coming with the new update.

I am still amazed at the "buttery" smoothness of the OS. Not a single hiccup or reboot since I have had it.
I actually brought my Milestone x (droid x) to the office today as I am going to list it on ebay most likely. I had been using it as an alarm clock, and had not really used anything else on it. When I got to work and slid the unlock slider I got immediate lag (again, not HUGE lag, but it is there), and had to reboot to get it to running smoothly (comparably). This is something I have not experienced with WP7, and something I will not miss.

Edit: cant remember if I mentioned it before, but if so, after a month this also holds true. I think this is the best on screen keyboard (stock or otherwise that I have used) among the three platforms that I own (droid, iOS, wp7)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts