My Windows Phone Review

It runs a benchmark how well your phone reacts, they test the memory, CPU, sd card and fps. Oh you can't have a sd card right?
Oh I understand the premis. I can also say that I've had the exact hardware of all that have responded in the thread so far. What can I say. WP7 is smoother in the day to day operation than any android phone I've had. ;)

msmith198025 said:
Oh I understand the premis. I can also say that I've had the exact hardware of all that have responded in the thread so far. What can I say. WP7 is smoother in the day to day operation than any android phone I've had. ;)

That's because you had cellular south phones. ;)

Explain what you mean by fragmentation.

Anyone that has had android knows that they are not all created equal. Not the case with iOS and so far with wp7.

They have updated too damn often. People that got specific phones have in the past found themselves left out on apps and features and I'm nit talking obout yearly. To begin with it was monthly.

Thank God, they are not. It's called progress.
So 8/16/32/64GB is not the only differentiator for 12+ months...

Diogen.

No, I think they call it fragmentation.
Im all for progress. Im just not that much for it a few weeks or months after I got my "state of the art" phone, that to be honest, didnt work any better than the competitor that only updated once a year

Then, not to mention, my EXACT same spec phone doesnt get the update that yours did, because MY carrier (or yours) wanted to lock out certain features of the "open source" software that yours, or Joe Bobs didnt.

That is what I mean by they are not all created equal. Even those that ....well...are.

That is subjective...
Same about "didn't work any better"? What the metric?

Diogen.
Did all galaxy S phones get the same updates at the same time?
No, hence, there is fragmentation among even the exact same hardware. Each carrier had to approve each update for their specific phones, even though hardware wise, they were identical (GSM versions and CDMA versions of each).

You dont find that among iOS, and as of yet (to that extent) among WP7. Nothing subjective about it. Its is factual, and not limited to the Galaxy series.

msmith198025 said:
Did all galaxy S phones get the same update at the same time?
No, hence, there is fragmentation among even the exact same hardware.

You dont find that among iOS, and as of yet (to that extent) among WP7.
That's why you put another ROM on it, why wait plus usually the ROM will be free of bloatware and will have performance tweeks.

That's why you put another ROM on it, why wait plus usually the ROM will be free of bloatware and will have performance tweeks.

Yes, you can do that, and that is a draw for android, for some users.

For others, they just want the phones to work, and work on par with other phones in the same device line. For that, android is not equal to iOS or WP7.

For the tinkerer, android is the way to go. Not everyone wants to do that however, and out of the box, android MIGHT not be the best option for many. Which is what my review is about.

And possibly install other malware that the rom creator wants to infect your phone with.

Even then, among otherwise identical hardware, the rom for one wont work for the other. I saw that alot with the galaxy line. Again, even with customization, there is severe fragmentation.

Did all galaxy S phones get the same updates at the same time?
Who gives a sh!t...
Not only is jailbreaking legal, Samsung and HTC invite unlocking their phones!
You want to have everything by doing nothing?
You dont find that among iOS.
No, you don't.
You get marching orders from Cupertino...

I'm saying again: it's subjective! Everybody has his/her drug!
You value "feel good" above features. I don't.
And masochism was never my religion...

Diogen.

Among any reputable rom maker, which is what anyone with sense loads, there is little risk of that.

I agree but the point is these are just common people making the roms. Do you trust the data that you keep to anybody out there? There are reasons that companies lock out people using rooted or jailbroken phones from accessing corporate data.

msmith198025 said:
Even then, among otherwise identical hardware, the rom for one wont work for the other. I saw that alot with the galaxy line. Again, even with customization, there is severe fragmentation.

Of yeah I can only put roms made for my phone on my phone, that isn't Android daily that is the phone makers fault, like you said not all Androids are created equal but I do want to be able to change it if I want.

That's probably why I won't get a apple or windows phone, limited to what you can do.

I agree but the point is these are just common people making the roms. Do you trust the data that you keep to anybody out there? There are reasons that companies lock out people using rooted or jailbroken phones from accessing corporate data.

Point taken, however IF there was a problem with the reputable rom builders, we would know by now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts