Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
The My distant Networks site is back up. MyDistantNetworks

It seems to be owned by the company out of Colorado that acquired the website name. They have both the my distant networks and the NPS names in use.

When I do qualifying for different areas I am familiar with for past qualifying, they have changed, in almost every case less networks qualify for the addresses.

I called for the heck of it, asked if they provided a HD package, he said no. I asked if they will be, he said they used to, but recently stopped offering it. He said he keeps hearing rumors they are working on having them again but has no information if or when.

Wonder how far their office is from any dish network office?

Seems kind of odd that they opened back up in CO if you ask me.

Things that make you go hmmmmm....... Interesting that to qualify, you are sending the form to a company, in Colorado, who has a channel only available on Dishnetwork....

...and a very timely, informative newsletter.... In Country News / Media Resources ... latest update - item dated May 4, 2010. Makes me wonder if all their offerings are in black-and-white :)

We didn't hear they were coming soon. Dish has never said (or even addressed) the fact that Sobango no longer has HD distants, other than the screen showing they are not available and to contact Sobango, nor that Dish would provide - or not provide - them. All speculation is by us posters......:) No one beats forum posters for speculation..... :D

...and a very timely, informative newsletter.... In Country News / Media Resources ... latest update - item dated May 4, 2010. Makes me wonder if all their offerings are in black-and-white :)

Just the right people we want handling our distants. :eek:

We didn't hear they were coming soon. Dish has never said (or even addressed) the fact that Sobango no longer has HD distants, other than the screen showing they are not available and to contact Sobango, nor that Dish would provide - or not provide - them. All speculation is by us posters......:) No one beats forum posters for speculation..... :D

and the owners of this site

For what it is worth called them last night to cancel my SD channels, since i don't want to fund a company that will not offer HD. They want a $25 handling fee to cancel

Dish should clean this thing up. Either offer the distants themselves, or make an announcement that there will be no HD distants offered again. As far as the $25 handling fee, there is nothing in the contract that authorizes that. It is a blatant money grab. I will not purchase SD distants either.

Dish doesn't need to clean anything up. They don't offer distants, haven't for several years. It's that simple.

When I called AAD to ask why they don't offer HD distants, the lady told me that she thought it was very interesting that people were calling to ask for HD distants, since until a just recently all we had was SD and everyone was happy with it. I told her it is similar to the transition from black and white to color. Everyone was happy with black and white, until everyone saw black and white next to color.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)