myhd pci card

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiger13

Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
Can anyone tell me if you can use this card with a voom receiver. My thinking is I should be able to hook up the feed from the voom receiver box (which i imagine un-encrypts the signal) to the myhd card. I would then control the channels via the voom box. The voom box has a channel (3 or 4) selector where the signal would come in by.

Any information or experience anyone has had with this I would appreciate.

you can email me at jpereira713@aol.com

Thank you

JP

No you cannot. Myhd card can be only used for OTA channels. All voom channels are encrypted and myhd card has not way to decode them.

Sean Mota said:
No you cannot. Myhd card can be only used for OTA channels. All voom channels are encrypted and myhd card has not way to decode them.

That's not quite accurate. I can't speak for a Voom receiver, but I use a MyHD card with a Dish 721 receiver. The s-video or the composite outputs from the receiver can be input into the MyHD card. The card will then upconvert the SD signal. The same thing should work with a Voom receiver, although I suspect the original poster was hoping to be able to record HD rather than upconverting the receiver's SD output. Also, the MyHD card does not support recording the s-video or composite inputs. One interesting feature in the new MyHD card is that it can record unencrypted QAM signals from cable systems. In most cases this is only going to be local channels though. The other HD channels are almost always encrypted.

And, although you can view upconverted SD that's input to the mdp-1xx, if you record it, the card cannot play it back, you must use a software player...

Actually, what I am trying to do is just watch the channels on my computer monitor. I do want to be able to watch the HD channels as well.

I just bought a Sony 24" 16:9 monitor, but Sony told me I could not watch HD on this monitor.

What i figured is that since i have a box that the signal comes out of, it should come out unscrambled already, so if I tunned into channel 3 in the MYHD card, I could control the channels I view through the Voom Box. The Voom box had a coaxial cable exit, so I thought it might work.

Anyone knows if I am correct?

JP

What kind of inputs are on that sony monior? I bet it has DVI and component, and some other inputs than just strictly a computer monitor. You can hook it up that way...

myhd

It had a DVI input, but according to sony, it is not a tv dvi, it is a Computer DVI. It also had the regular computer monitor input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts