Mystery

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cabosn

Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
I am in Baja with a single transponder pointing at Direvtv 101. Setting the receiver to triple lnb, I get an active transponder (10) on 110C. At my friend's house in Puerto Escondido (1000 miles southeast) I did the same thing and found 9 transponders on 119B and 2 transponders on 110C. What gives?????
Does anyone know what channels are on 110C transponder 10? I get it but don't know what I am getting.

SN

The Directv stuff on 110 comes only from transponders 28/30/32.

Dish Network owns transponder 10, it has just a few shopping channels on it.

Unless you have a second lnb on that dish, or you are moving it, you are probally just getting an anomoly - nothing really there.

Unless you have a second lnb on that dish, or you are moving it, you are probally just getting an anomoly - nothing really there.

That is the mystery. Single lnb pointed at 101 gets 101 and 110C. Another unrelated dish 1000 miles away with single lnb gets 101 110C and 119B. I don't believe we're getting anything that is not from 101 but our boxes are reporting strong signals from 110C abd 119B. Are there other transponders on 101 that directtv is calling 110 and 119 for some reason? My friend is going to question his sat guy - he must know something. He connected the box to a single lnb round dish and set up the box as a triple lnb oval. Who would do that?

SN

Wait a minute, I get it. I check the signal strength on 110 but the lnb is recieving 101 because it doesn't recognize the command to switch to 110 lnb. The box reports signal strength on 110C transponder 10 but it is really getting 101 transponder 10. Dummy

SN

FYI, Although DirecTV uses TPs 28, 30, and 32 on the 110 sat, the Sat C LNB converts those to TPs 8, 10, and 12 respectively. This is so they can be combined with the upper TPs on the 119 sat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts