MythTV FTA Integration

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turrauko

Original poster
May 22, 2011
Aberdeen, MD
I am currently attempting to integrate FTA into my MythTV system. My only issue thus far is that my "viewing requirements" involve both Galaxy 19 and Galaxy 25 and seem to be having issues finding any PC DVB system that is capable of communicating with the motor. Alas, searching the forums hasn't helped.

If anyone has any experience with such a system and knows of PC compatible hardware to control the motor and the tuning it would be of great benefit to me. I would prefer a system already working with Linux, however, any setup that is fairly well documented will suffice in the hacking of a driver.

Thanks in Advance,
Mike

Last edited:
Having been a Linux user for DVR systems for about a year, I had gotten fed up trying to get the DVB card to work. That was, until I installed Windows 7, configured the card and the Media Center application and voilla it worked!

I was even further blown away when later I decided to play my Xbox and it found the system. Allowing for Video Streaming of recorded/saved content.

I'm in love!!

I gather you are able to control the dish and record the shows using the Windows 7 os and mythtv rather than a flavor of linux and the mythtv?

I use mythtv for the clear channels on my digital cable. I did not have good experience a few years ago using for FTA. I found that it crashed the frontend when trying to tune in feeds. I now use command line apps to move the motor, and tune. I then use VLC to watch the feed or I use mythtv to tune an IPTV multicast stream from dvbstream. I have not tried recent versions of mythtv. If it works better, I would like to try it again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)