N.A. SATELLITE LIST

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
I am working on a satellite list for my personal LOS range. I have consulted LyngSat, SatBeams and a few other sites to create a personalized list that "looks" similar to Lyngsat's format.

There are some satellites (expressly C-Band) that I cannot test personally and a few Ku band ones as well.

I will be working on a full blown list for the western hemisphere eventually, but right now, it is just for my geographic site.

I have compiled a rough draft of the satellites that I know are in my LOS, but I am not sure if all of them are valid or if I have left any out. If anyone has time to review these satellites, I would appreciate your comments.

My limitations are 30.0°W through 162.0°W, so for this particular list, I don't wish to go beyond those orbitals. The corrections, edits, deletions and additions for this particular list must remain within the confines of these mentioned orbital limits.

I will create a complete list for every satellite that can be received from every location in North and South America when I have refined this list.

My intention is to create a base list or a generic list with NO channels and only one TP per satellite that can be ustilized by everyone to create their own satellite list from scratch.

Every FTA Linear Ku band satellite would contain one TP (11700 MHz) and every C-Band satellite would contain one TP @ 3700 MHz. The Orbital position of each listed satellite would be accurate and not rounded off. If it is 118.8°W is will be listed as such and not as 119°W.

The assistance that I am requesting from everyone who has the time to check my already existing work is to doublecheck the list's accuracy. For instance, Galaxy 19 is always reported to be at the orbital position of 97.0°W, but it is actually more accurately positioned at 97.1°W.

Current satellite names and defunct satellites and that sort of information is also desired.

Thanks to everyone for your assistance. A pdf file of the list I have been working on is attached.

RADAR

Attachments

• GORDYS ASCENDING WEST HEMI SATS.pdf
    235 KB · Views: 371
I read someplace that Intelsat 3R was going to be stationed at 81W soon. Lyngsat shows it as almost there, your chart still has it at 43W.

I read someplace that Intelsat 3R was going to be stationed at 81W soon. Lyngsat shows it as almost there, your chart still has it at 43W.

I wasn't sure if it was done moving yet, so I recorded it at its original home (43W). NORAD has it tracked to be at 81.0°W.
Thank you for confirming this as I wasn't sure if it was there or still moving or what. This is exactly the information that I am looking for.

Thanks

RADAR

Neat, Radar!

I am guessing the idea is that a fellow can set up his system better if he knows the true position of each and every satellite, and enter this info into his system?

Neat, Radar!

I am guessing the idea is that a fellow can set up his system better if he knows the true position of each and every satellite, and enter this info into his system?

Roger,

Yes. That and also (for the AZBox N.A. list), I wanted to ensure that I had every possible satellite entered including all the C-Band sats for future use. This way, I will have them all entered correctly now and won't have to add too many in the future especially when I set up a BUD.

RADAR

Sat
NSS 10 28526 2005-003A 1436.11
Telstar 11N 34111 2009-009A 1436.11
Amazonas 2 35942 2009-054A 1436.09
Echostar 6 26402 2000-038A 1436.10
Galaxy 16 29236 2006-023A 1436.09
SES 1 36516 2010-016A 1436.10
Galaxy 18 1436.09

HI Radar, Great job, here's info for some of the blanks. This is going to be really good for adding the Sats in my currently only Euro Satlook micro G2 Spectrum analyser.

Last edited:
Hi Roger I use a NIT spectrum analyser to align on to a sat for best SNR and BER. Position is more important for motorised dishes and for finding the sat exact degree position I use Norad. They've got a bit more money than me and constantly recalibrate their equipment LOL

Lyngsat has Intelsat 3R stationary at 81W not, but they also list it as inclined. If I'm not mistaken, it was inclined at the old position. Do you have any idea if it still is, or is Lyngsat wrong?

HI Radar, Great job, here's info for some of the blanks. This is going to be really good for adding the Sats in my currently only Euro Satlook micro G2 Spectrum analyser.

Thanks Pedro!

That will help nicely.

Do you see any errors or "dead" sats that I should remove?
Have I left any out that I should insert?

RADAR

update

Hi Radar
Just back from UAE and looking at your pdf. I have some queries on page 2.
Missing:
65 w Star C1 has a Ku Mercosul footprint covering Florida (32293 2007-056A 1436.13)
70 w Star C1 has a Ku Mexico footrint also covering lower States (32768 2008-018B 1436.11)
probably all in portuguese

rename:
73 w Echostar 6 has been renamed Direct tv 1R

Last edited:
Hi Radar
Just back from UAE and looking at your pdf. I have some queries on page 2.
Missing:
65 w Star C1 has a Ku Mercosul footprint covering Florida (32293 2007-056A 1436.13)
70 w Star C1 has a Ku Mexico footrint also covering lower States (32768 2008-018B 1436.11)
probably all in portuguese

rename:
73 w Echostar 6 has been renamed Direct tv 1R

Pedro,

Thanks again. I had taken the two STAR satellites out of this particular list as their footprints were not available to me personally. In my future lists, I am going to include these satellites along with all the DirecTV sats, too. Just to show where there are in the sky. The list itself will be expanded to show ALL the N.A. satellites (which will take the list beyond Hispasat 30W to the east and anything west of 138.9W as well).

The update on Echostar 6 is welcome, I had questions and was wondering about that one.

I am hoping that anyone browsing this thread realizes that this is a work in progress.

RADAR

Galaxy 16 29236 2006-023A 1436.1
SES 1 36516 2010-016A 1436.1

Echostar 7 is now renamed Direct tv 7S but as I'm in Europe I can't check whether the Satellite NIT has changed

Echostar 2 is effectively dead although no decay date has been issued. Interestingly when it was launched it did not have to comply with enough fuel to move to the graveyard orbit, but if as was rumoured Dish wanted to move it east then it would have to conform to have sufficient fuel for the move and later graveyard orbit shift which is doubtful. Hence it stays in situ while they make a decision very slowly. allegedly

Hi Pedro,

I created a new list (still in pdf format). I will get an official pdf creator program eventually (just using a temp pdf creator right now).

I have added sats from 1°W through 29.6°W, but have highlighted them in sky blue to denote that they need to be officially checked and updated. I have also recorded your previous updates and those from others into the list. Any satellites which I am unsure of are also highlighted in sky blue for now (I will use that color to help me keep track of sats which need further investigation).

Do you or anyone have some advice on how I should denote satellites which have expanded C-Band transmissions or that have lower Ku-Band transmissions? I would like to show them as being unique, but not certain how I should do it to make it simple to read or detect at a glance. Shading the satellites with the color scheme that Lyngsat uses is fine, but I want to ensure that I code the odd ones more explicitly, without making a jumble out of the whole list. Do you have any suggestions?

RADAR

Attachments

• GORDYS ASCENDING WEST HEMI SATS.pdf
    285.1 KB · Views: 192
Hi Radar
You are doing a grand job and it is going to be very useful certainly to me. I hate to complicate it more but in C band (which us euros are not that familiar with) just to be different, NSS 06 (40w) and Intelsat 707 (53w) and most of the C band 1w to 30w are circular polarised unlike the US C band birds. Perhaps another column is required to give polarity style or LNB requirement might be easier.
For Ku just maybe put both LO frequencies in the chart LO column where appropriate.

Hi Radar
You are doing a grand job and it is going to be very useful certainly to me. I hate to complicate it more but in C band (which us euros are not that familiar with) just to be different, NSS 06 (40w) and Intelsat 707 (53w) and most of the C band 1w to 30w are circular polarised unlike the US C band birds. Perhaps another column is required to give polarity style or LNB requirement might be easier.
For Ku just maybe put both LO frequencies in the chart LO column where appropriate.

Pedro,

Oh yes, good point about the circular vs linear polarization on C-band. That should be denoted, too. As I mentioned previously, I want the list created so that it is easy to detect all the differences at a glance. That makes it faster to take a snap shot with your eye and know what the satellite is all about, rather than scrolling all the way back up to the top to see a column header, etc. Maybe an ascii character like "Alt + 10" = ? could prove useful. Just an idea. I will work on this and accept any suggestions.

The main objective is to get the tracking and the orbital positions accurately denoted.

RADAR

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts