N.Y. METS R.I.P. (Part 2)

Being a Marlins (and a Reds) fan....I don't think it's a choke job as much as the lack of relief pitching. The Mets have a decent starting rotation and good hitting. But that bullpen was awful and EVEN if they had Billy Wagner, what was he gonna do, pitch the last 3 innings of EVERY single ball game? There is no doubt now that they will go after K-Rod and Sabbathia during the off season. But if anything, this season has proved that you don't win "on paper". And with a healthy pitching staff TO START the season in 2009, the Marlins will be at around the top again next year.

Yup. And they finished a lot closer to first than the joke from the Bronx did. Enjoy paying the luxury tax for the 5th year in a row. Funny they keep raising the limit each year and yet it's still nowhere nearly as high as your payroll.

Also enjoy watching Torre do this October what's he's been doing for years, but for another team. L O L Nice tribute to him during the closing ceremonies at Yankee Stadium. NOT.

Yep. they finished closer to first. SO WHAT. They WERE IN FIRST with a WEEK to go. And the same LAST YEAR as well.

CHOKE, CHOKE, CHOKE, and CHOKE some more.

As far as the money, I would think that the ONE MILLION more fans that went to Yankee Stadium (over 4 million a year for the last 4 years) more than pays the difference of the payrolls between the 2 teams and the luxury tax.

And you DO HAVE the highest payroll in your league, so all of your excuses still add up to only one thing - CHOKE, CHOKE, CHOKE.

BTW, I also am very happy for Joe Torre, and wish him well with the Dodgers.

If that is true, then New Englanders need to get over 1986. Just about all Mets fans I know are more or less indifferent to Boston except when it comes to them kicking the Yanks' collective ass. Otherwise, there's not much consideration from the National League side anyway.

I get it now. You have envy from being on the 'WRONG' side of NY baseball. Been pretty tough to watch the Yankees make the playoffs virtually every year while your team has been in last place 4 times in the recent years and so on, and have CHOKED so badly this year and last.

Surely makes up for the Mets poor ownership and trade decisions every time Boston beats the Yanks doesn't it? That has gone a long way to bringing you a championship, hasn't it?

But lets see - you guys have to be getting close to winning it all. 1969, 1986, you are DUE.

Surely seems like it is YOU that needs to get over it.

2008 NY METS, R.I.P.

Attachments

• sspt.jpg
    sspt.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 87
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 85
  • gal_backpage_0929.jpg
    gal_backpage_0929.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 94
  • sli.jpg
    sli.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 97
I love when fans of two opposing losing teams start arguing over which team lost WORSE. I'm somewhat partial towards the NY teams, but I don't lose sleep over them losing, and watching both NY teams spend all that money and not even make the playoffs is just sad and laughable at the same time.

Now be like everyone else and pray for a Rays/Cubs World Series.

I love when fans of two opposing losing teams start arguing over which team lost WORSE. I'm somewhat partial towards the NY teams, but I don't lose sleep over them losing, and watching both NY teams spend all that money and not even make the playoffs is just sad and laughable at the same time.

Now be like everyone else and pray for a Rays/Cubs World Series.

No way, I hate the Cubs, I hope they lose in the first round.

Red Sox/Dodgers.

BTW...I'm never disappointed when the Mets CHOKE.

Yep. they finished closer to first. SO WHAT. They WERE IN FIRST with a WEEK to go. And the same LAST YEAR as well.

As far as the money, I would think that the ONE MILLION more fans that went to Yankee Stadium (over 4 million a year for the last 4 years) more than pays the difference of the payrolls between the 2 teams and the luxury tax.

BTW, I also am very happy for Joe Torre, and wish him well with the Dodgers.

Yep, and the Yankees were in first NEVER this year. Oh wait, that's wrong, FIRST to get eliminated in NYC.

LOL, the joke about the luxury tax isn't about if you could pay for it.. that's a no brainer. The joke is that I hear they are about to change the name of it to the Yankee tax considering only one team has paid it for half a decade now.

Too bad the pathetic franchise didn't think the same about Torre. But hey, at least Willie Randolph stole second base one last time.

Yep, and the Yankees were in first NEVER this year. Oh wait, that's wrong, FIRST to get eliminated in NYC.

LOL, the joke about the luxury tax isn't about if you could pay for it.. that's a no brainer. The joke is that I hear they are about to change the name of it to the Yankee tax considering only one team has paid it for half a decade now.

Too bad the pathetic franchise didn't think the same about Torre. But hey, at least Willie Randolph stole second base one last time.

I noticed how the METS handled Willie's firing in the middle of the night. How can you defend such a poorly run franchise?

You also defend the METS (big CHOKE and with the 3rd highest payroll in MLB) but ridicule the attendance leading, most TV watched, most logo merchandise sold, most valuable sports franchise in the world. Now thats AMAZIN.

And no getting away from it, the Yanks had a BAD year (yet had the same record as the team you defend). And they did miss the playoffs for the first time since 1995 (13 straight). Oh well I guess.

But I guess you don't read the papers, or watch ESPN or anything like that - because they all are saying one common thing about the METS - CHOKE, CHOKE, CHOKE.

Now get over it. NY METS - R.I.P.

I get it now. You have envy from being on the 'WRONG' side of NY baseball. Been pretty tough to watch the Yankees make the playoffs virtually every year while your team has been in last place 4 times in the recent years and so on, and have CHOKED so badly this year and last.

Surely makes up for the Mets poor ownership and trade decisions every time Boston beats the Yanks doesn't it? That has gone a long way to bringing you a championship, hasn't it?

But lets see - you guys have to be getting close to winning it all. 1969, 1986, you are DUE.

Surely seems like it is YOU that needs to get over it.

2008 NY METS, R.I.P.

It's funny that the silly Yankee fan doesn't can't scream about the Babe Ruth curse anymore so they latch on to the Mets misfortunes. Poor Yankee fan. By the way, what is your definition of "recent"? I count two times the Mets came up at the bottom this decade and the last time before that was 1993 during the expansion year.

The Sox beating on the Yanks' ass hasn't brought the Mets any more Championships but it has sure ensured the fact that the Yanks have won one more Championship than the Mets have this decade - and that was against the Mets. HAHAHA Keep that wheeling and dealing going with your great ownerships and great signings.

Nothing to get over here. It's the silly Yankee fan that finds himself with nothing to do this October that has to make himself feel better about his pathetic franchise by looking across the East River to scream CHOKE. Not much to say about the Sox, eh? HAHAHA

I can't wait until Steinbrenner gets tired of Girardi and the hiring/firing circus begins again.

Pirates?? Don't you actually have to have been in first place and lose it to qualify as a choke?? :D;)

NO I put the "suck" in there as well. They Choke because they can't evaluate good talent, they keep saying these players will be good, but every year for the last 16 years they have choked.

I noticed how the METS handled Willie's firing in the middle of the night. How can you defend such a poorly run franchise?

You also defend the METS (big CHOKE and with the 3rd highest payroll in MLB) but ridicule the attendance leading, most TV watched, most logo merchandise sold, most valuable sports franchise in the world. Now thats AMAZIN.

And no getting away from it, the Yanks had a BAD year (yet had the same record as the team you defend). And they did miss the playoffs for the first time since 1995 (13 straight). Oh well I guess.

But I guess you don't read the papers, or watch ESPN or anything like that - because they all are saying one common thing about the METS - CHOKE, CHOKE, CHOKE.

Now get over it. NY METS - R.I.P.

Did you just criticize the Mets for the way they fired Randolph? First of all, no Mets fan I know doesn't believe that that was done in extremely poor fashion and one of the low lights this season. But please - before Torre, you guys were playing manager roulette - and the way you treated Torre after bringing you to the post season - what 11 of the last 13 times or so - you have the baseballs to talk about how the Mets fired Randolph? LOL! Like I said, a NICE TRIBUTE TO TORRE DURING THE CLOSING CEREMONIES.

Yep, I defend the Mets. I don't choose my team based on how much attendance they have, how much merchandise they sell, how valuable the team is, etc. That's what we call a bandwagoner. If you like the Yanks because of those reasons - then you know what - you're a bandwagoner too. But I suspect a few more Yankee fans actually defend and love their team because of the team - and not because of merchandising, etc.

I don't know why you keep writing CHOKE because you obviously haven't noticed that Mets fans have accepted it. Most of us realize that even if we did make it in, exactly how far would we go with this bullpen? Yes, the bullpen that's blown like 30 saves this year fittingly ended the season for us on the final day. Losing your closer for the last 2 months doesn't help. So, we miss the playoffs by 1 game.

So, what's the Yankees excuse this year?

Yeah, we CHOKED and we'll overhaul the team. I can tell you this much - our team salary won't be over 200 million next year.

Being a Marlins (and a Reds) fan....I don't think it's a choke job as much as the lack of relief pitching. The Mets have a decent starting rotation and good hitting. But that bullpen was awful and EVEN if they had Billy Wagner, what was he gonna do, pitch the last 3 innings of EVERY single ball game? There is no doubt now that they will go after K-Rod and Sabbathia during the off season. But if anything, this season has proved that you don't win "on paper". And with a healthy pitching staff TO START the season in 2009, the Marlins will be at around the top again next year.
Their big so called hiiters did not hit.. They scored 5 runs over the final 4 games of the season. Wright looked like A-Rod out here but gets a free pass all the time.

I can't wait until Steinbrenner gets tired of Girardi and the hiring/firing circus begins again.

Just end the name calling, and keep to the argument. THANKS. Take notice that while I diagree with you I have not and don't intend to call you a silly fan. or whatever. I am talking abut the team CHOKING not about it's fans or their opinions

Which team has had the most managers since 1994?

The Yankees have had 3. Showalter, Torre, and Girardi.

The Mets have had Dallas Green, Bobby Valentine, Art Howe, Willie Randolph, Jerry Manuel

WOW we lost the Wild Card. So what do they do next.. Well let's have a party to close the stadium. They should have done this before the game, but they did think they were ever going to lose.

Did you just criticize the Mets for the way they fired Randolph? First of all, no Mets fan I know doesn't believe that that was done in extremely poor fashion and one of the low lights this season. But please - before Torre, you guys were playing manager roulette - and the way you treated Torre after bringing you to the post season - what 11 of the last 13 times or so - you have the baseballs to talk about how the Mets fired Randolph? LOL! Like I said, a NICE TRIBUTE TO TORRE DURING THE CLOSING CEREMONIES.

Yep, I defend the Mets. I don't choose my team based on how much attendance they have, how much merchandise they sell, how valuable the team is, etc. That's what we call a bandwagoner. If you like the Yanks because of those reasons - then you know what - you're a bandwagoner too. But I suspect a few more Yankee fans actually defend and love their team because of the team - and not because of merchandising, etc.

I don't know why you keep writing CHOKE because you obviously haven't noticed that Mets fans have accepted it. Most of us realize that even if we did make it in, exactly how far would we go with this bullpen? Yes, the bullpen that's blown like 30 saves this year fittingly ended the season for us on the final day. Losing your closer for the last 2 months doesn't help. So, we miss the playoffs by 1 game.

So, what's the Yankees excuse this year?

Yeah, we CHOKED and we'll overhaul the team. I can tell you this much - our team salary won't be over 200 million next year.

gosh - where did i say I like the Yankees because of any of those reasons? That was brought in because YOU brought up money. Well, money can be spent when it is brought in - CAN'T IT? You obviously have missed my point.

My top questions to you.

1) Why do YOU care how much the Yankee payroll is?

2) It's ok to have the highest payroll in the National League isn't it?

3) The Yankees to my knowledge made NO EXCUSES - I heard Jeter say on an interview last night that they simply didn't reach their objectives. I have offered up no excuses have I? I certainly have not done what you did - bring another team into a thread about the Mets choking. You brought up the other team I believe.

It's ridiculous how fans of teams fight over who's team CHOKE is worse.;)

BTW....Nobody CHOKES or Sucks as bad as my Pirates.:D

They are the MLB version of the Lions. You have my permission to use my tag phrase-

THE PITTSBURGH PIRATES - REBUILDING SINCE (insert your year here)!!!