N00b C-BAND question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pegleg

Original poster
Jul 12, 2005
Hi guys, today I took a leap into C-band. I've been playing with KU since spring and today when the opportunity knocked I got myself a complete BUD setup. It came with 10 foot mesh dish, Chaparral lmb (which I cant get a
model # off of), actuator arm, 15 feet of mast, 4 stabilizer rod/pad assys to plumb with and a Toshiba XTR-1000 receiver (ntsc video cypher II to move the dish with). There's a small hitch though! What's that 3 gallon flower pot sized plastic lid called that covers the LMb, its says UNIMESH on the side of it, or at least what's left of it. It crumbled up during disassembly. MY QUESTION IS ......do I need this thing whatever it is called to make the lmb work and is it meant for weather proofing the LMB? Also if it is essential where can I get a replacement?

thanks
pegleg.

weatherproofing....

pegleg said:
Hi guys, today I took a leap into C-band. I've been playing with KU since spring and today when the opportunity knocked I got myself a complete BUD setup. It came with 10 foot mesh dish, Chaparral lmb (which I cant get a
model # off of), actuator arm, 15 feet of mast, 4 stabilizer rod/pad assys to plumb with and a Toshiba XTR-1000 receiver (ntsc video cypher II to move the dish with). There's a small hitch though! What's that 3 gallon flower pot sized plastic lid called that covers the LMb, its says UNIMESH on the side of it, or at least what's left of it. It crumbled up during disassembly. MY QUESTION IS ......do I need this thing whatever it is called to make the lmb work and is it meant for weather proofing the LMB? Also if it is essential where can I get a replacement?

thanks
pegleg.

dfergie answered your question, but if you want to replace it, Skyvision probably has one. I know they used to.

Al

i would replace the nose cone myself, it keeps water/snow/ice/freezing rain/etc. off of your lnbs and f connectors.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)