N3 is working!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Damn Hacker Ads!!

If you see pirate ads show up in google tell me the url for the site it takes you to so I can block them

They been up in the Google links all day Scott! :eek:

I sent some links to Tony but they keep peaking into the top Google ads!

Here is all I could get from the top on the last look at URLs

Grabbed all links in the Google area!

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

Attachments

• Hacker Google Ads.jpg
    Hacker Google Ads.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
I can't tell what url it is from that. You might have to click it to find the true url.

Again dont post the sites in public (why give the pirate sites free advertising) instead please PM them to me and I will add them to the blocked list. :)

I still can't see them doing another card swap this year... it's a lot to do and they haven't even finished this one yet. They would have to get VERY agressive to do it and they would have to start at least sometime in July.

I can't tell what url it is from that. You might have to click it to find the true url.

Sorry Scott, Next time I see them I will try, the forum does weird things to URL postings, it does that automatic link insert thing here and it screws things up I try to send or post!

I will see it again; when I do I will send you a PM!

Again don’t post the sites in public (why give the pirate sites free advertising) instead please PM them to me and I will add them to the blocked list.:)

The sites URL'S were not in the code my man! :confused:

Just hash code and the words FTA-Bins & FTA-Fix. Only URL seen was our links in the code and the generated source from Google on doubleclick.net.

Give me a little credit dude! :rolleyes: ;)

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

I still can't see them doing another card swap this year... it's a lot to do and they haven't even finished this one yet. They would have to get VERY agressive to do it and they would have to start at least sometime in July.
From what I've read (mostly hearsay), Nagrastar leased the N3 system to Dish. In the event that N3 is broken, Nagrastar will roll out "N4", which they are holding in the shadows.
Dish won't have to buy another Nagravision system, the lease provides that Nagrastar swallows the N3 cost and rolls out a new encryption scheme.
Which interestingly enough means that the Purple G3 cards belong to Nagrastar, leased through Dish to paying subscribers.

The framework is in place for yearly card swaps.
I suppose that would be the next secure system, annual and semi-annual card-swaps.
Always keep the target moving and changing.
But I'll let others fret over it. Not really much of my business...

EDIT: Originally wrote NDS where Nagrastar is...
That's what Smith, P. is on about below.

Last edited:
It is also hard for me to believe as well that they would schedule another card swap so soon after they have done this one UNLESS Dish would not have any money in having the swap done and they would rather get a new form of encryption soon after a swap instead of taking a chance for this system to be hacked again before another swap is done. They must have little faith that the N3 will stay un-hacked for long otherwise they would not rush to doing a card swap.

From their May 11, 2009 Form 10Q Quarterly Report:

"Security Systems
Increases in theft of our signal, or our competitors’ signals, could in addition to reducing new subscriber activations, also cause subscriber churn to increase. We use microchips embedded in credit card-sized access cards, called “smart cards,” or security chips in our receiver systems to control access to authorized programming content (“Security Access Devices”). Our signal encryption has been compromised in the past and may be compromised in the future even though we continue to respond with significant investment in security measures, such as Security Access Device replacement programs and updates in security software, that are intended to make signal theft more difficult. It has been our prior experience that security measures may be only effective for short periods of time or not at all and that we remain susceptible to additional signal theft. We cannot assure you that we will be successful in reducing or controlling theft of our programming content. During the third quarter of 2008, we began implementing a plan to replace our existing Security Access Devices to re-secure our system, which is expected to take approximately nine to twelve months to complete. We cannot assure you that we will be successful in reducing or controlling theft of our programming content and we may incur additional costs in the future if our Security Access Device replacement plan is not effective."

EchoStar Communications Corporation - Quarterly Report

"... We cannot assure you that we will be successful in reducing or controlling theft of our programming content and we may incur additional costs in the future if our Security Access Device replacement plan is not effective."

EchoStar Communications Corporation - Quarterly Report

Hmmm.... That's not what their propaganda on the UNENCRYPTED Pirate TV channel would have one believe ;)

I hope their security holds for awhile. Cheap HD boxes would be great...

NDS ? Are you confident ? Or smoking good stuff ? :D
The cards still care Kudelski TM and Nagravision R !
Excuse me! Not NDS but NagraStar. *Applies face to palm*
Not smoking anything but was very tired...
Geeze. :eek:
NDS = VideoGuard = DirecTV
NagraStar = Nagravision = Dish Network

That Quarterly report read to me that the N2 system is scheduled to be removed from the main system itself by end of Q3.

An edit and a note is in oder for the previous post... :rolleyes: ;)

hmm interesting, for most of you that are anti-hackers you all seem to know every hacker way to steal satellite tv including the ways on how they do it.

makes you wonder doesn't

hmm interesting, for most of you that are anti-hackers you all seem to know every hacker way to steal satellite tv including the ways on how they do it.

makes you wonder doesn't

That's a difference between informed person and pro... umm, just a poster :D

Corrections in bold below
Excuse me! Not NDS but NagraStar. *Applies face to palm*
Not smoking anything but was very tired...
Geeze. :eek:
NDS = VideoGuard used by DirecTV
NagraStar = Nagravision + Echostar

That Quarterly report read to me that the N2 system is scheduled to be removed from the main system itself by end of Q3.

An edit and a note is in oder for the previous post... :rolleyes: ;)

makes you wonder doesn't
Why do the Feds go to DEFCON? (a hacker convention)
To kept on par with the best... :D

What better way to spot "eye-patch" posts than to know how they walk and talk. :up

makes you wonder doesn't

It really isn't hard to comprehend how they do it after reading just a few posts. I think most of us here are 100% honest and I personally see nothing wrong with knowing how to do something, even if that something is illegal. Putting that knowledge into action is where the point where I think most of us here stop.

I'm always facisnated by encryption, cipher, security systems in general. Just because I like to know their inner workings doesn't mean I or anyone use it to do anything illegal. I'll be the first to admit, I've download and taken apart the files they use to do it, but I've never used the files on my boxes to steal programing.

Also, many times unfortunately, the pirates actually fix some of the problems with the boxes that the manufacturers are slow or will never address, so it pays to keep an eye on the sites now and then.

I agree... you know how they do it, hell they simply download some firmware and hit scan, too easy. But I find something a whole lot easier...DishNetwork autopay, and my satellite TV works every time I press the power button. Too much of a pain to play the up down game for me. My luck I would have a bunch of people over watching a movie and poof it's gone. Then how do I explain that? I'll pass.... not worth getting in trouble for that little amount of cash a month either.

If you see pirate ads show up in google tell me the url for the site it takes you to so I can block them

N3 will not be here for long, I am hearing another smart card swap by the end of the year to a new system that is only being made for Dish. ;)

Yes I have heard about this as well, hope it works out and ends these thieves for good, Dish wants to stay ahead of the pirates this time instead of behind, N3 is basically testing the waters to see what they are up against with today's tech.
Another card swap so soon will be a nightmare for DishNetwork and it's customers. What about the cost associated with all these changes? .........the customer (subcribers) will bear all of it I suppose?:rolleyes:

makes you wonder doesn't

Those are my thoughts exactly........Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm!:D

not really...some of the factory software out there is basically hackware minus the stuff to sdteal

My Coolsat 8000 has the newest "factory" firmware...but its just hackware with the "hack" part gutted out.

If you've seen some factory software after you load it into the receiver why does it have options like
"Sw21"
"Sw44"
"DP-OCS"
sorting by SID
"Dish Network package"
"Bell ExpressVu package"
the default satellite is either Echostar 7 or Nimiq 1

just a few examples.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts