N3 is working!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Why should we care if there system is secured or not. Will they lower their prices? Bell actually increased theirs....I really don't care if they are secured or hacked.

The used ones will go down in price because most people don't understand true fta. I can see some of them just being trashed though...because most people don't understand true fta and think the receivers are worthless if you can't hack with them. I agree with previous posts that we should keep an eye out at flea markets, yard sales, etc.

Most of the hackers already know about the free stuff, but they want their pr0n and their PPV and their HBO, so I don't think the majority of them will hold onto their receivers for true FTA. It's just not what they're after... Besides, what are they going to get with their Dish 500s other than the occasional ITC freebies? NASA? :D

I know a few eye-patchers who will hang onto their boxes for a long time because they figure the box has already paid for itself and they don't mind throwing it in the closet until a new hack comes out (If ever). Too bad too because I can't afford a new HD box right now and they won't give up theirs. I hope n3 never gets broken tho and that you guys are right about flee-markets and garage sales.

When N2 came into effect the prices for used fta boxes fell through threw the floor. I expect the same when N3 is fully implemented. Most hacker's just know it won't work any more, and dump them on Ebay hoping to get a couple bucks out of the new hackers that think it still will.

It will still be good for FTA if you don't mind loading the original firmware back into it, or running it as is with old hackware. Lots of the hackware allows you to run dish switches that the original won't, so if you have a farm of dishes you can double or triple the number of dishes by using dish switches along with diseqc and 22kHz. Some old hackware even include diseqc 1.1 when the original won't. Can any one run 64 to 96 fixed dishes on a fta receiver without hackware?

If you see pirate ads show up in google tell me the url for the site it takes you to so I can block them

N3 will not be here for long, I am hearing another smart card swap by the end of the year to a new system that is only being made for Dish. ;)

Wow! An expensive temporary fix. It must have cost between 50 and 100 million just for the N3 changeout. I would want a bond or insurance policy from the card manufacturer for the next one.

If it costs 50 to 100 million to do such a card swapout then over a period of 12 months that would be 4 to 8 million per month. If Dish Network makes an average of $35 per customer per month it would take 50,000 to 100,000 customers to break even to make up for that in a year's time. Seem's like a no brainer to me. It would take half that many customers to make up for it over a two year period. The thing is you have to add on top of that the cost to acquire that customer in which takes another two years to break even just on the cost of doing that. By the time they break even on those customers before the cost of the card swap the cards would probably get hacked again unless they did it right this time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts