Nahuel 1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SnockZilla

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2004
Is there anything broadcasting 24/7 on Nahuel 1 and AMC 6 so that I can lock onto it? If so please post the freqs. Thanks

Nahuel 1 is aimed towards Latin America, so you probably wouldn't be able to pick it up

The only thing on AMC6 that is right now 24/7 is WVGN (NBC from USVI). However, it is very low power to pick up. Only shows a 30 quality on the Pansat

11802 H 2.000

Iceberg said:
Nahuel 1 is aimed towards Latin America, so you probably wouldn't be able to pick it up

The only thing on AMC6 that is right now 24/7 is WVGN (NBC from USVI). However, it is very low power to pick up. Only shows a 30 quality on the Pansat

11802 H 2.000

I am on my most south sat SBS 6 setup with my motor. In your opinion should I just keep it the way it is or would you try to line up AMC 6 as the most south sat?

SnockZilla said:
I am on my most south sat SBS 6 setup with my motor. In your opinion should I just keep it the way it is or would you try to line up AMC 6 as the most south sat?

If SBS6 is your southern satellite, don't change it.

You can try to get AMC6, all it would take is a small nudge to the east

Just for reference I get WVGN on AMC6 at a signal quality of.....

60 on the BEC DBS-2000
40 on the Satwork with a slightly better picture, IMO.

PSB said:
Just for reference I get WVGN on AMC6 at a signal quality of.....

60 on the BEC DBS-2000
40 on the Satwork with a slightly better picture, IMO.

damn. The Pansat always gets around a 30-35 at the most

Got a Question

I am lined up on AMC 6. I have the settings on my USALS set at 72 Degrees for the sat. I put in my L & L and it moves my dish 3.4 deg to the east loosing my signal. What am I doing wrong?

Once you put in your true south sat and you L& L, you really don't have to do anything.

If you change anything once its set up (L &L or true south), it throws it out of whack.

Iceberg said:
Once you put in your true south sat and you L& L, you really don't have to do anything.

If you change anything once its set up (L &L or true south), it throws it out of whack.

What sequence do I do first. Line up the sat then enter my L & L or L & L than line up the sat?

I'm not at home, so this is from my fried memory :)

There is a spot in the USALS where you put your L&L and then it says "reference" or "south". That would be the true south.

Once you put that in, you should be OK

Here is my problem. I am resetting my position from SBS6 to AMC6 being my most south sat. I moved the motor to 0 deg position. Reset the Pansat. Lined up AMC6. Went into USALS Sat pos is at 72 deg. I input my L & L at 75W and 40N. It When I highlight the move it wants to move the dish east 3.4 degs. I don't know what I am doing wrong? I am not sure what the Reference Position is for?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)