Name Based Recording Discussion (L232 Software)

I've had a similar odd experience. When I received my 2.08 software it came sometime during the day. I checked the software before I went to work and it was still 2.07, when I came home it had been replaced by 2.08. My updates are set for 3 am. I wonder if when you serial has been placed in the stream, it will update when it feels like it. Odd

Damn... then I should turn my turner off during the day... right now, I leave it on - just for convenience... my thinking was - the update will come at 3AM so I don't worry about leaving it on... all this time - maybe the update has been waiting to come down but can't... because the turner is on.

I think the turning on the automatic update feature will allow your unit to receive the updates even if its left on all the time but only at the specific time unless you turn the unit off.

I just got my new 522 receiver today and when I did the initial software download that you do when you get a new receiver it downloaded the L231 and it has the Name Based Recording features in the menu such as Dish Pass and so forth so either it came down the line and some people just didnt get the updates yet or my receiver was one of those in the first batch to get this software.

As far as I can tell, all the 3am thing actually does is some sort of hard disk diagnostics, (maybe a defrag?) then it reboots. It doesn't seem like this has anything to do with downloads.

I still have not got mine yet. I called customer service tonight for some other issues, I ask whether I could get them to add me to the current/next group. Apparently not, I will just have to wait and see.

Got it....

Put my 522 in single mode last night and powered off completely. (I was trying to force for the last two days and no luck.) The update must have arrived early this morning. I didn't have time to check out the new features this morning, but I did check the timers; some that were back to back on different channels forced the second one to TV1 (I had all of them set up to TV2). I hope the problem with using the current (favorites) guide to select what channel to tune in is fixed. :eek:

I just double checked the version I have is L231GALD-N which I was one of the first ones original ones to get the Name Based Software.

Got mine this morning, version 232 here also.

Here's a minor quibble that I don't see scanning the thread. When recording back to back programs in dual mode, it won't record them on the same tuner because of the 3 minute overlap (I presume). It's a minor thing, but I never had this problem previously. This could potentially cause conflicts when trying to record two programs at the same time and a third program right after the first two end. Or is this a matter of setting timer priorities differently?

Otherwise, looks pretty good. Maybe it's my imagination, but guide and interface response in general seem faster and smoother than before. I haven't been using it long enough to comment on glitch/synch issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)