Name Based Recording Discussion (L232 Software)

I see it automatically pads the end of sporting events when you record them. Very nice. A feature that my old ultimate tv had that I have missed.

I was one of the first recipients of 231. I now have 232. I wonder if the timer skipping on one tuner while the other tuner is idle.

I'll have to test it later.

markav said:
I see it automatically pads the end of sporting events when you record them. Very nice. A feature that my old ultimate tv had that I have missed.

Still waiting for the update... can you explain this a litter more? As I already don't like the way it 'automatically pads' regular shows w/ no optional setting, I'm not sure I'll like this either.

Steve.

The are programs that are airing at the same time as two other programs on your list that have a higher priority than them and thus will not be recorded.

Isn't it amazing all the things that are being added to the 522 and not the other DVR's and other receivers? Maybe 232 is a nonbeta form of 231 with a few extra added features.

JFS7931 said:
I still dont understand what the progam titles with the line through them mean...

On the surface is mean that program will not record, it is being skipped. That is the term that is being used on the receiver. No to the since of it, if you are using Dish Pass (as this is the only place I have seen it active so far) and it finds your program episode twice it will decide to skip one as you would not want two recordings of the same episode.

Finally....

Well after I got home from school last night I had 232. I started out by re-doing my timers and in the middle of it the receiver thought it would be a good idea to defrag the drive. UGH... So I waited about 10 minutes and it was done. I puttered around for another half hour before I went to bed. So after getting up this morning I started messing with my timers again and about 10 minutes in the disk diagnostics hit again, ^%$$... What is up with that? Well anyways, all aside I like the new feature, I am still trying to get my arms around all the ins and outs of it.

skenney said:
Still waiting for the update... can you explain this a litter more? As I already don't like the way it 'automatically pads' regular shows w/ no optional setting, I'm not sure I'll like this either.

Steve.

If a scheduled recording is categorized as a sport event in the description, it automatically sets the "end late" option to 60 minutes. I like this because there is always the danger that a game will run long, particularly if you're watching espn or something and they're showing a bunch of games back to back.

If the 522 was doing this before now I never noticed it, I always just recorded the show after the game I wanted just to be safe.

New Bug???

I noticed (after the 2.3x upgrade) that the on-screen info (banner and program info) will not go away quietly. After I press info or cancel on the remote, and I press it again, the banner/info doesn't just go away--it does a quick flash on and off then it goes away. Has anybody else noticed this or is it just me? :eek:

Pablo_New said:
I noticed (after the 2.3x upgrade) that the on-screen info (banner and program info) will not go away quietly. After I press info or cancel on the remote, and I press it again, the banner/info doesn't just go away--it does a quick flash on and off then it goes away. Has anybody else noticed this or is it just me? :eek:
Yep I noticed that too last night. I'm glad to see my original assumption, that my brain was receiving the frames from my eyes out of order, is now no not so much a possibilty. :)

I just added multi-sport to my account and as I was browsing the new channels noticed that the 522 apparently now downloads new guide data as soon as you move across a "no information available" space in the guide. If it does work like that all the time, that's another nice little feature that's been long overdue. It didn't even interupt the timer that was recording.

There was a small bug with this - it "froze up" for a few seconds after the guide was finished downloading. I momentarily wasn't able to use the interface to do anything at all. Overall though, good start to a nice new feature.