Name that Beer in honor of D10 and Directv's new HD channels!

Name that Beer!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Brewer4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2005
Hartford Connecticut
I am brewing a batch of Porter this afternoon (actually waiting for water to boil right now).

What The Hell Is A Porter? - Beer Advocate

It will take a few weeks to ferment but should be ready in time for the lighting of D10 or at least for the celebration of the NFL Sunday Ticket.

So in honor of D10 and all the new HD channels, would anyone like a shot at naming the beer? Nothing serious just for kicks.

Porter is my FAVORITE type of beer!!!! Unfortunately, I'm not creative enough to come up with a name. I'll keep ckecking back to see what other people come up with though!

Hi Def Porter

E* Shoot Down Porter

102.8 Porter

Question Answered! Porter (For those who don't have Questioner on ignore)

Here it is in the boiling pot.

Attachments

• IMG_3732.JPG
    IMG_3732.JPG
    707.5 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_3733.JPG
    IMG_3733.JPG
    730.1 KB · Views: 215
Thats a serious wort cooler. Take well ground water which is still chilly in summer and I can cool down over 5 gallons of 212 degree boiling wort down to cellar temp in less then 30 min. When doing that math, thats some serious heat transfer. I am actually going to dump the hot water into my pool (its only water flowing through the copper coil). Its been a cold August here.

hmmmm, icey sure loved to drink beer in her day.......especially, when i was in europe. gosh, they sure brewed some kick ass suds over there.

sorry, have no brilliant suggestions.......wait, here's a thought. ``i heart cable not porter.''

Your color may be darker than 10 on the Lovibond scale, but how 'bout "Lovibon-D10". (I'm sure you get it Brewer--nice wort chiller!)

Transferring from my staging/transfer tank to carboy. I do this so it can settle a bit and remove more trub before going into fermentation stage. I introduced the yeast and its at cellar temperature. Now its the yeast's job. Go baby go. :D

Attachments

• IMG_3734.JPG
    IMG_3734.JPG
    446.1 KB · Views: 192
How about the Cool Uplink Lager Ale. :D

Maybe next one. Lagers and ales are actually 2 different things. I only do ales since they are easier. Lagering is a pain in the rump. It requires colder consistent temperatures and longer fermentation. I cant wait that long.

CUP. Cool Uplink Porter for this one. :D

I'm thinking of kicking off a batch this weekend too. Sounds fluffy next to a good porter but I'm doing a berry wheat, take advantage of the good blueberries and cherries out for the summer!

Lookin good

Thats a serious wort cooler. Take well ground water which is still chilly in summer and I can cool down over 5 gallons of 212 degree boiling wort down to cellar temp in less then 30 min. When doing that math, thats some serious heat transfer. I am actually going to dump the hot water into my pool (its only water flowing through the copper coil). Its been a cold August here.

Party at Brewers! :clap

I'm thinking of kicking off a batch this weekend too. Sounds fluffy next to a good porter but I'm doing a berry wheat, take advantage of the good blueberries and cherries out for the summer!

Sounds good. Definitely use fresh ones. I like the fruit flavor but folks will use the syrup and that ruins the wheat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts