Name that dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTA4PA

Satellite Guys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 13, 2013
Central Pennsylvania
I got this 8' satellite dish the other day from a neighbor who is moving. It was sitting in an overgrown area behind their house, full of twigs and white cocoons. I've lived near there for 7 years and had no idea it was even there. I used a nylon brush to remove the crud stuck to it and gave it a light hosing off. I can't find any markings on the dish or mount but the cover for the LNB says HOMECABLE on it. Mount is rusty but solid and appears to be heavy duty. Dish is in pretty good shape considering all the years it sat uncared for. All the mesh panels are there, two have tears in the outer segment of the dish. A couple need put back in the frame but are complete. The remainder are in good shape. I would like to restore it & give it purpose again. :bounce I'm hoping to find out more about it. Any ideas who manufactured it? Quality? Not sure of it's age. They said it was already there when they bought the house 13 years ago. Here are a few pics, one before I started cleaning it up 100_1479_Resized.jpg and the rest after. Any info is appreciated! Thanks!100_1515_Resized.jpg 100_1516_Resized.jpg 100_1519_Resized.jpg 100_1520_Resized.jpg 100_1522_Resized.jpg 100_1526_Resized.jpg 100_1528_Resized.jpg100_1525_Resized.jpg100_1531_Resized.jpg

Last edited:
KTI or Kaultronics are my best guess. But maybe not as the feed supports aren't on the lip. Home Cable - national 'brand' BITD sold equipment and subs.

Unimesh. They are good dishes.

I'd agree, Unimesh. The torn mesh can be "sewn" back together using picture-hanging wire you can buy at the store.

The odds are REAL good that you'll break at least some of the cheap bolts if you take it apart. Just replace them with hardware store bolts.

Thanks for your help identifying it! Glad to hear it's a good quality dish and that I may be able to repair it instead of replacing the mesh!:)

Yeah, most tears won't make a bit of noticeable difference to c-band signals. However, they look nicer when stitched back together. If the mesh isn't flat enough by the tear, you can use a body hammer and a block under it to flatten it out at the tear, then wire-stitch it.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Yeah, most tears won't make a bit of noticeable difference to c-band signals. However, they look nicer when stitched back together. If the mesh isn't flat enough by the tear, you can use a body hammer and a block under it to flatten it out at the tear, then wire-stitch it.
Sounds like a good idea! :eureka Will do! Thanks!

I have one of those Unimash 7.5 dish with a H-H mount, good on C-band an Ku band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)