Name the one player/manager/coach(or 2) you wish one of your teams NEVER added to the roster.

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I had this conversation with a few of my friends. As a Raider fan, I regret the day the Raiders acquired Randy Moss. I have never really been a firm believer of "locker room chemistry" because if a team wins, none of that is ever brought up...as the saying goes, "winning cures everything". But Moss was just awful. I totally understand that my Raiders were abysmal, but when you get traded and you make a statement like, "I am very flattered to be here and anxious to be in this situation," Moss said. "I want to get back to being a dangerous player...." You better AT LEAST TRY to make yourself a "dangerous player".

For baseball, I still follow the Reds..and them getting Dusty "the arm killer" Baker STILL burns me to this day. Here is the tail of the tape:

With the Cubs:

Mark Pryor
Kerry Wood

With the Reds:

Homer Baily
Johnny Cueto
Edison Volquez
And if I am not mistaken, Bronson Arroyo.

If I am not mistaken, none of these pitchers had any arm trouble history until, Dusty Baker managed them.

:mad::mad::mad:

dolphins
jay fiedler!!!!
henney or whatever his name is
sparano
dave wannstedt
most draft picks from the last ten years :D
this is just recent memory. i would never finish if i went into depth in this

Len Barker to the Braves from Cleveland for Butler, Jacoby, and another player I don't remember. The worse of many in my opinion.

Eddie Sutton, Billy Gillespie, and probably John Calipari as coach of the Cats.

I had this conversation with a few of my friends. As a Raider fan, I regret the day the Raiders acquired Randy Moss. I have never really been a firm believer of "locker room chemistry" because if a team wins, none of that is ever brought up...as the saying goes, "winning cures everything". But Moss was just awful. I totally understand that my Raiders were abysmal, but when you get traded and you make a statement like, "I am very flattered to be here and anxious to be in this situation," Moss said. "I want to get back to being a dangerous player...." You better AT LEAST TRY to make yourself a "dangerous player".

For baseball, I still follow the Reds..and them getting Dusty "the arm killer" Baker STILL burns me to this day. Here is the tail of the tape:

With the Cubs:

Mark Pryor
Kerry Wood

With the Reds:

Homer Baily
Johnny Cueto
Edison Volquez

If I am not mistaken, none of these pitchers had any arm trouble history until, Dusty Baker managed them.

I never understood why the Red's hired him.

With the Cubs:

Mark Pryor
Kerry Wood

With the Reds:

Homer Baily
Johnny Cueto
Edison Volquez

What's wrong with Arroyo? The other 3 didn't pitch but one or two years before Baker got there.

What's wrong with Arroyo? The other 3 didn't pitch but one or two years before Baker got there.

He has had some nagging arm issues on and off since he came from Boston. Something I recall he never had in Boston. He did not come from the Red Sox as damaged goods and the fact that this has happened under Baker and his history....well, just saying.

AND, I did not include his stints in San Fran because I knew very little of the history there. I knew about the Cubs history because I was in Chicago when he went there and I know about the Reds because they are my childhood team.

He is right up there with that Fat-tub-of-goo that was the Raiders FORMER defensive coordinator. Can I add him just because I despise him? LOL!

He has had some nagging arm issues on and off since he came from Boston. Something I recall he never had in Boston. He did not come from the Red Sox as damaged goods and the fact that this has happened under Baker and his history....well, just saying.

AND, I did not include his stints in San Fran because I knew very little of the history there. I knew about the Cubs history because I was in Chicago when he went there and I know about the Reds because they are my childhood team.

He is right up there with that Fat-tub-of-goo that was the Raiders FORMER defensive coordinator. Can I add him just because I despise him? LOL!

I don't think Arroyo has even been on the DL has he? He has been a workhorse and has never missed a start to my knowledge.

I don't think Arroyo has even been on the DL has he? He has been a workhorse and has never missed a start to my knowledge.

1st year Dusty had him, he pitched him 240 innings....when before, he had pitch above 178 innings once. His ERA since after that, in the middle 4s. He jst back below 4 the last 2 years and this year he in the lower 5s. Like I said, he has a history of leaving pitchers to long and he has burned 4 VERY promising arms.

Patriots: the triple threat of WR sucktitude- Hart Lee Dykes, Bethel Johnson and Chad Jackson.....Andy Katzenmoyer, Kenneth Sims

Red Sox: Matt Young, Jack Clark, Heathcliff Slocumb (although the Sox did flip Slocumb in one of the most lopsided trades in history)

Celtics: Vin Baker, Nervous Pervis Ellison and above everyone else RICK PITINO

Tigers - Shortstop Edger Rentaria, they gave up a young pitcher named Jir Jirjinns.

Also with Atlanta, John Smoltz from Tigers, at least they got something in return on that deal, Doyle Alexander pitched them to the playoffs that year.

Likely said before.

Raiders

Jamarcus Russell
Javon Walker

Joe Bugel
Lane Kiffin

Dodgers

Manny Ramirez
J.D. Drew

Frank McCourt
Grady Little

USC

Reggie Bush's stepdad

Paul Hackett
Lane Kiffin

Tigers - Shortstop Edger Rentaria, they gave up a young pitcher named Jir Jirjinns.

Also with Atlanta, John Smoltz from Tigers, at least they got something in return on that deal, Doyle Alexander pitched them to the playoffs that year.

A trade that helped the Tigers that year and it helped the Braves for years. Great trade from my point of view.

Tigers - Shortstop Edger Rentaria, they gave up a young pitcher named Jir Jirrjens.

A trade that helped the Tigers that year and it helped the Braves for years. Great trade from my point of view.

I was actually thinking more about the Jurrjens trade, as I said, the Smoltz and Alexander trade worked for both sides, but the Braves got the LONG term advantage, while the Tigers was very short.

The Rentaria / Jurrjens trade was just DUMB, they knew that Jir was very close to making his mark and they got a shortstop that really had NO DESIRE to be there. He played poooooor D* and hit about .250 if that. A guy from the farm could have done that, with BETTER D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts