Name this receiver #2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
This time there are 3 receivers and I'm only going to show the rear panels. Your job is to name each receiver. The choices are the VIP222k, VIP722k and VIP922. Are there any differences between each rear panel? Yes, but you have to pay close attention to each one. Good Luck.:)

Attachments

• pictures.doc
    1.2 MB · Views: 242
I am thinking that the middle one is the 222. I think that the layout of the 722 and the 922 are pretty much identical. I haven't been able to distinguish picture one and three yet so I think they are the 922 and 722k but I'm not sure which is which.

I'm going with the top one 722k, middle 222 and bottom 922. The only difference I see in top and bottom is that the top had two additional screws which the bottom one does not. The arrangement of the ethernet on the middle one is different. Since 922 and 722 share the same box essentially so should look almost the same. I checked a pic of the 722K and it had the two screws.

Its a trick!!! They are all fake rec!!!! Actually, i cant see the pics on my phone for some reason and my computer is down. So im outta luck.

I vote that the receiver with the separate "hole" away from the Ethernet for USB is the VIP922 (MIDDLE). The 722k and 222k have the same chassis, but a slightly different screw layout. The one WITHOUT screws is the 222k (BOTTOM) and the one with is the 722k (TOP). Also, the "optical out" swing doors are slightly different. I believe the screws hold the HDD

Final Answer

Top: 722k
Middle: 922
Bottom: 222k

Differences: The 922 TV1 ports are divided/marked differently from the other two receivers using more of an L-shape while while the other two receivers uses a staircase shape. Also for some reason on the 222k, the phone jack is marked in white while on the 722k, the phone jack is marked regularly.

222k got from here: http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/product_brochures/222k_brochure.pdf

722k from here: DISH Network | HD | HD TV | DVR | DuoDVR ViP 722k

922 got from here: Product Review - Dish Network ViP 922 DVR

Attachments

• pictures answer.doc
    1.2 MB · Views: 126
My answer worked as well... LOL What up with that? Do I get a cookie?

Seriously, the physical differences are the key, with less emphasis as to the writing (honestly, the color of the writing could change based on the "case" used during refurb). The cases (chassis) are identical on the k models except for the front panel (not shown) and the rear panel "attaching" screws.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

Attachments

• pictures answer from me.doc
    1 MB · Views: 144
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts