Nano2 and STAB Motor Never Stops

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JacksBack

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 24, 2010
North America
Hi, We have a brand new Nano2 receiver and and equally shiny new STAB HH90 motor connected to a 36" dish. Everything's bolted in and looking at the right part of the sky. If I connect a meter between the receiver and the motor and start moving the dish, I find satellites - clearly a good sign. The problem is that if I select the Motor Setup in the Nano2 and use the functions to move the dish east or west, it starts moving and doesn't stop when the button on the remote is released. The dish moves all the way to end of its travel, stops, reverses and returns to zero, passing several promising satellites along the way. This happens in both USALS and DiSeqC mode. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks. ::JACK::

Nano2 Software Upgrade

Hello,

I'm trying to install the software upgrade for my Nano2 receiver, downloaded from the CNX web site. (The receiver has never had any "unauthorized" software installed in it. It has the original software that it was shipped with.)

When I select USB from the menu and look at the USB stick with the downloaded software updates on it, move the cursor to one of them and hit Enter, a window pops up and says "please upgrade latest software."

And that's it. It refuses to accept the upgrade.

The CNX web site said to try installing the .9 software, and then the current .10 software. The same thing happens.

This feels like I'm doing something really obviously wrong.

Does anybody know how to get past this?

Thanks.

::JACK::

do you have another receiver to test on ?

with usals make sure your North/South and East/West are correct, that goes for the sat too 91W not 91E

with manual diseqc there are two modes, move west until you press stop, or move west one step at a time.

is there a stop button on the screen ?

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have another receiver, unfortunately... although I'm thinking perhaps I should. (Any recommendations?)

My location is correctly entered in the receiver.

I suspect I'm in "move west until you press stop" mode, although I'd like to be using "move west one step at a time." I can't find anything in the receiver's screens that lets me choose.

The motor movement function of the Nano2 is an entry in its setup screen. When you cursor down to that entry, the right button of the remote control moves the dish east and the left button moves it west. If neither button is pushed, the, screen display says "stop"... but the motor doesn't stop.

::JACK::

try pushing the same button to stop the motor....if you hit the left arrow to move the dish east it will keep moving until you hit the arrow button again....

for the software thing try reformatting the USB stick to FAT32 format....or try using a smaller stick....1 gig or less....some receivers have trouble reading large sticks...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)