Narrating for the blind

Elita

Original poster
Dec 7, 2020
Prescott, AZ
Ok, so I love watching reruns of The Golden Girls. About a month ago out of the blue, there is this female voice narrating everything the Golden Girls do. It's driving me crazy and I've tried posting this on the Golden Girls forum on Facebook. I was informed there the narrating is done for those who are blind and that I would have to call my cable company, to get rid of the narrating. My cable company is DISH. Is there another way to deal with this beside calling DISH? I've tried going into Accessibility, as instructed by someone and following the steps, but it was of no help. As always, thank you for your help! -Ella

Ella, it would be helpful if you told us what your Dish equipment is such as you receiver model and which remote you are using. When you go into Accessibility have turned off Audio Description?

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Good point Dutch, it could actually be the TV.
Yes, and it does seem odd that both the "Audio..." and "Video..." Description titles could mean the same thing, but "Audio..." describes how it does it, while "Video..." describes what it does. It just depends on how the menu creator decided to describe the feature.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Ok, so I love watching reruns of The Golden Girls. About a month ago out of the blue, there is this female voice narrating everything the Golden Girls do. It's driving me crazy and I've tried posting this on the Golden Girls forum on Facebook. I was informed there the narrating is done for those who are blind and that I would have to call my cable company, to get rid of the narrating. My cable company is DISH. Is there another way to deal with this beside calling DISH? I've tried going into Accessibility, as instructed by someone and following the steps, but it was of no help. As always, thank you for your help! -Ella
Never mind. I called my tv cable company and they told me how to fix it. If any moderators are around, please feel free to delete this post. Thanx.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)