NASA-A waste of money

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
on the other hand

Instead of handing out rubbers and approving of immoral activity among our society, hand out bibles and moral folks who are willing to teach others the proper ways to behave in our society. my girlfriend works in a doctors office where parents bring their kids as young as 12 years old to be put on birth control because they are already having sex.

The trash needs to be taken off of tv and from the mass media and instill good values like the ones our country was founded on. I agree with seperation of church and state but you still have to know that this country was founded on christian values and Jesus Christ.

Divert that money for those types of causes not pure science. Pure science is responsible for stem cells and cloning. Those items should not be done without some bioethics in place and someone to enforce moral code.

Society has a history of protecting against mishaps instead of teaching to prevent them. Helmets, condoms, child proof caps, and electrical outlet caps are all out there to prevent instead of training.

How did we learn electricity was bad? We stuck a penny in the light socket and found out. Just because someone's precious little kid drank bleach we now have to have child proof caps on things instead of using common sense and store them out of reach in the first place.

We as a nation are relying too heavily on society to protect us, and that I agree with you. Where I disagree is "taking the filth off of tv and instill values like JC" those actions lead to a church run state. Force fed morals are not the answer. Family and personal responsibility is the answer.

Instead of bitching about it online to a group of people who don't care.. go into your community and teach values and morals... go volunteer and be a better person. Get off your high horse and do something about it.

Nothing will change if we sit here and gripe about it. Thinkers think about the perfect world.... doers make it happen.

truckracer said:
Instead of handing out rubbers and approving of immoral activity among our society, hand out bibles and moral folks who are willing to teach others the proper ways to behave in our society.
:wtf: Since I am a responsible adult and wear a condom to screw my girlfriend (yes, GIRLFRIEND, NOT WIFE), I guess I am an immoral person? GEEZ, Bible Thumpers go home and stick that bible where the sun doesn't shine and twist it. :p

I guess I need one of these symbols as well: :trolls:

Ceas2182 said:
a million more to send shuttle back to FL. My poor money dang it.

Better then the couple billion your government spent today in the "war" on Iraq, and how many Americans got killed today because of that money?

truckracer said:
Instead of handing out rubbers and approving of immoral activity among our society, hand out bibles and moral folks who are willing to teach others the proper ways to behave in our society. my girlfriend works in a doctors office where parents bring their kids as young as 12 years old to be put on birth control because they are already having sex.

The trash needs to be taken off of tv and from the mass media and instill good values like the ones our country was founded on. I agree with separation of church and state but you still have to know that this country was founded on christian values and Jesus Christ.QUOTE]

And what barometer would someone use for morality? You can't use the bible, because even ultra right wingers don't follow the teachings in that book. Immoral activity? What exactly are you speaking of when it comes to immoral activity?
I agree with teaching, but the right wing version of teaching is if we don't talk about it, then they won't think about it. Handing out condoms isn't a bad thing, hell if nothing else they make great water balloons!

Your president is on vacation...for a month...Your gas is at least $2.30 a gallon and growing daily...More americans are being led to slaughter in Iraq every day...and you're concerned with a million that NASA spent to move a space shuttle...

hmm...

on second thought

Nasa is just a small example of misplaced resources in this country and yes I agree with you on the iraq war and gas prices. I could go on and on about overpaid city councilmen and political officers. And yes I agree the president has been on vacation. (probably since he came into the office)!

We need Bill Clinton back!! He was not perfect..... but a good president. Our country was much better off then , fuel was cheaper, and no war.

As for the remark about the bible..... I will pray for you on that one. When it comes time to meet our maker and its your turn to go before the lord, He may remind you of that statement that you made before men.

Any man who denies the lord before men, so will the lord deny that man before his father in heaven.

NASA's total budget is less than one percent of the federal budget. Look it up. If you want to save some tax dollars talk to your congressman about the millions spent every year to by "art" that ends up rusting on federal building lawns because it's so ugly no one will buy it.

Bill Clinton rode the waves of a technological boom.. he didn't do anything to cause it, in fact, he did everything to avoid dealing with what Bush is dealing with now.

You all talk about Bush in Texas.. Clinton spent over 100 days of one year in office overseas visiting here, peace negotioations there, dignataries there.... talk about a waste of money. Do you know how many aircraft are set aside for presidential travel?

He probably got a piece in every country he visited too.

truckracer said:
Nasa is just a small example of misplaced resources in this country and yes I agree with you on the iraq war and gas prices. I could go on and on about overpaid city councilmen and political officers. And yes I agree the president has been on vacation. (probably since he came into the office)!

We need Bill Clinton back!! He was not perfect..... but a good president. Our country was much better off then , fuel was cheaper, and no war.

As for the remark about the bible..... I will pray for you on that one. When it comes time to meet our maker and its your turn to go before the lord, He may remind you of that statement that you made before men.

Any man who denies the lord before men, so will the lord deny that man before his father in heaven.

I think you mistook that quote from the Bible. I think that is meant to say that someone can't deny you the Lord uness he be denied Heaven.

truckracer said:

I try very hard not to jump into these kind of threads but I can't help myself.:)

You were preaching morals, but yet you want one of the most immoral presidents of this century back?:wtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)