Status
Please reply by conversation.

netbuilder

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Missouri
Nasa & Angel @ Echo7?

Is Nasa and Angel not available on Echo7 (119) anymore?

I tried pulling it in on my Pansat and Twinhan with no luck yesterday.
I haven't tried looking at it in a while and I re-did all my stuff and would like to start watching it again.

From "The List":
I used 12372 (R/V) 20000 for Nasa
and 12518 (L/H) 20000 for Angel

I also tried these from Lyngsat:
I used 12370 (R/V) 20000 for Nasa
and 12516 (R/V) 20000 for Angel

Is anyone else pulling these in? I also noticed there is a polarity discrepency between The List and Lyngsat, or maybe I just input the settings wrong.

Last edited:
Well, nuts....

Maybe my LNBF is bad. Could you please verify the freq/sr/polarity/etc for me that is working for you?

Well, nuts....

Maybe my LNBF is bad. Could you please verify the freq/sr/polarity/etc for me that is working for you?

Hi Netbuilder,

NASA
(Ku @ 119.0W ES 7)
TP 12.370 Vertical
SR 20.000 MS/s
VPID 4130, APID 4131, PPID 4130
Quality 96-97% (Coolsat 5K meter reading - Omaha, NE 76 cm dish)

ANGEL ONE
(Ku @ 119.0W ES 7)
TP 12.516 Vertical
SR 20.000 MS/s
VPID 6690, APID 6691, PPID 6690
Quality 94-97% (Coolsat 5K meter reading - Omaha, NE 76 cm dish)

RADAR

Thanks, I'll give that a shot after I replace my LNBF. "The List" might need a little updating, at least the polarity for Angel if they want to be accurate for that transponder.

I appreciate the quick feedback.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot after I replace my LNBF. "The List" might need a little updating, at least the polarity for Angel if they want to be accurate for that transponder.

I appreciate the quick feedback.

Netbuilder,

You are welcome, but I would personally bypass any switches and the motor and go directly to the LNBF with the cable first, before replacing the LNBF. Just a kind suggestion that might save you some $.

RADAR

humor:

Although Radar has already given a good signal report, I thought I'd do a follow-up.
I don't normally have any circular LNBs on line with my FTA receiver.
However, it was easy enough to plug a spare output from the DP-34 switch into a Visionsat for these readings.

Dish: D-500, 20" wide by 22" tall
LNBF: DishPro 500, built-in diseqc
Switch: DP-34, dishPro/diseqc

NASA -
Transponder: 12.370ghz
Signal: 35
Quality: 85

Angel One -
Transponder: 12.516ghz
Signal: 36
Quality: 85

. . . and most important: not scrambled! - :cool:
So, you really should be able to get these channels on a paperclip and a tin foil gum wrapper. - :eek:

yep any previously subbed box works fine. I have used an old DIsh 5000 (with ancient blue card) to get NASA & Angel One

Thanks for all the suggestions, been nothing but rain for days, had a short break over the weekend, but no end in site. Hopefully I can get to troubleshooting this soon.

I decided to use my Invacom Quad and it worked great, but when I try the dedicated 119W LNBF it would not work. So I probably have a problem with: diseqc port, cable, or LNBF - I'm sure its the LNBF and I have a few spares.

Thanks to all.

Thanks for all the suggestions, been nothing but rain for days, had a short break over the weekend, but no end in site.

I know how that is. Right now I have ideas on fixing up the dish farm and its POURING and suppose to rain tomorrow too :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)