Nasa ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Ok I'm bored again...I thought I'd get out the old 18x20 dish and watch Nasa. So I hooked it up to the last port on the diseqc switch. The dish has 3 lnb's and four ports. Does it matter which one I hook my RG-6 too? Do i leave my setting in the receiver at 10750 and just scan 119w 12370 (H?) 20000. Been a long time since I messed with the pizza dish. Thanks! Blind

Its been a while since I did that too. I think you have to set the LOF to 11250. Anyway you could try 10750 and 11250 see which one works. Shouldn't matter which port on the switch you hook up to as long as you enter that port number in the receiver for that satellite.

Ok I'm bored again...I thought I'd get out the old 18x20 dish and watch Nasa. So I hooked it up to the last port on the diseqc switch. The dish has 3 lnb's and four ports. Does it matter which one I hook my RG-6 too? Do i leave my setting in the receiver at 10750 and just scan 119w 12370 (H?) 20000. Been a long time since I messed with the pizza dish. Thanks! Blind

BlindOwl,

If you are referring to the NASA channel on 119W DN (which is most familiar to everyone with a subscription to DN) then you will want to use a DBS LNBF (circular) and set the LNBF frequency (L.O. or Local Oscillator to 11.250 GHz).

The transponder is 12.370 Vertical (which would actually be Right Hand Circular polarity). The symbol rate is 20.000 MS/s.
The port number should be assigned as #1 for sat 119W (industry standard) but that is not a hard rule. Depends upon the equipment you use and how you wire it.

This is probably the only FTA channel on DN's 119 sat that is worth watching, but it is very excellent!

Radar

NOTE: Today would be a good time to watch the NASA channel so that you can see the shuttle launch.

Last edited:
If it's easier, ABC News One on G28 is carrying the NASA TV feed. 11955 V 19532 (Assuming you want to watch the launch. If you want NASA 24/7, you're out of luck with this one :) )

Ok something is wrong. I hooked up the pizza dish to the diseqc switch, only easily available open port is S2. I can get Nasa, Angel, and Ch101. Problem is I get no signal on anything else...none of my FTA stuff comes thru the other ports.
S1 is the SG2100 and S3 is fixed on 74W, S4 is fixed on 79W. Any ideas?
Thanks! Blind

Ok something is wrong. I hooked up the pizza dish to the diseqc switch, only easily available open port is S2. I can get Nasa, Angel, and Ch101. Problem is I get no signal on anything else...none of my FTA stuff comes thru the other ports.
S1 is the SG2100 and S3 is fixed on 74W, S4 is fixed on 79W. Any ideas?
Thanks! Blind

Blindowl,

Disconnect the new dish and the switch. Hardwire the receiver to the motor and the linear LNBF and test the results. The switch may be defective or not want to "switch" back to another port.

Radar

next:

What pizza dish 'n LNB are you using?
Specifically.
Post pictures.
They're not all created equal.

....after you answer AcWx's questions, first.

The dish is a dish 1000 18x20 D....Tv stuff with three lnb's. I discovered the problem is in the switch I believe. If I hook up the mini dish by itself no problem. If I run everything thru the Diseqc Nasa is there but none of the FTA. It's something in the switching I guess. Well I guess I could dig out and old receiver for the mini dish somewhere in the garage. Thanks! Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)