NASCAR 2010 Season

Any one know why the race at Texas isn't starting until 3 eastern?

good question. The Kansas race starts at 1 and Chicago is a night race. Those are the only Central time zone races. I didnt even think they had lights there to start that late. Might also have to do with the heat and starting the race at 12:45 instead of 2:45

But knowing the real reason......Eddie Gossage (president) probably wanted to be different than the other tracks ;)

good question. The Kansas race starts at 1 and Chicago is a night race. Those are the only Central time zone races. I didnt even think they had lights there to start that late. Might also have to do with the heat and starting the race at 12:45 instead of 2:45

But knowing the real reason......Eddie Gossage (president) probably wanted to be different than the other tracks ;)

I thought NASCAR proclaimed to have SET times this year ?

They do

1:00 for day races on East Coast
3:00 for day races on West Coast
7:30 for night races

That is the approz start time...its usually within 15 minutes of that time

The exception is the 600 on Memorial Day which starts at 5:45 I think

so all races fall under this except Texas, Kansas & Chicago which are Central time zone. Chicago is a night race so its at 7:30. Kansas doesnt have lights so they get the 1:00 start

Texas has lights (last I checked...edit: checked their website and they do) so I guess they can pick either 1 or 3:00. I guess they'd prefer a 2:00 local start than a noon start

How can someone do this while still driving for another owner? If I was Petty I would kick him to the curb now!

His contract is up at years end I believe, so he has every right to look elsewhere, that said Petty could make the rest of the year miserable, but I highly doubt that he will, Petty's a classy guy.

How can someone do this while still driving for another owner? If I was Petty I would kick him to the curb now!

they do it all the time. Jr's press conference that he was going to Hendrick in the middle of the year is the same thing.

The key thing for the King is to keep the 9 car in the top 35 in points so next year the 1st 5 races are guaranteed. Pissing off Kahne with bad equipment only hurts Petty.

If you dont remember, the 1st 5 races for the Top 35 (guaranteed spots) are whoever finished in the top 35 the previous year. After the first 5 races then its the current year.

they do it all the time. Jr's press conference that he was going to Hendrick in the middle of the year is the same thing.

The key thing for the King is to keep the 9 car in the top 35 in points so next year the 1st 5 races are guaranteed. Pissing off Kahne with bad equipment only hurts Petty.

If you dont remember, the 1st 5 races for the Top 35 (guaranteed spots) are whoever finished in the top 35 the previous year. After the first 5 races then its the current year.

Kahne knew the type of equipment he was getting into whenhe signed up with them.

actually he didnt as Kahne has gone through 3 team owners (he's been there since 04)

Evernham
then they sold to Gilette
Now they merged with Petty

Well that means that Mark Martin has decided to call it quits after next year then. WithKahne moving to Hendricks in '12

Mark's contract is up next year

from nascar

Come 2012 Kahne will slide into Hendrick's No. 5 car, currently driven by Mark Martin. Hendrick said he approached the 51-year-old stalwart and asked about the possibility of him driving another full-time season beyond the terms of his current contract, which runs through next year. Hendrick said Martin told him he couldn't, opening the door for the 30-year-old Kahne. "We've got a year hurdle to get over, but Kasey [Kahne] and I decided it was worth it," Hendrick said. "The success we've had here with the four teams has been good. With Mark saying that '11 is definitely the last year he can run the full schedule, sometimes you have a hard time matching up the opportunity that makes the seats open with the date the driver is available

http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/headlines/cup/04/14/rhendrick.kkahne.future.uncertainty/index.html

Perhaps the worst marketing decision ever!

Alpine Skiing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts