NASCAR 2012 season

Gee can't believe you guys don't like the road races!Personally I think they should slap some radials on and race more of them!Gotta be more to nascar than turn left,turn left,uhh turn left again....Also if Jimmie Johnson can be athlete of the year cough cough then there has to be more than turn left.It evens the playing field too,Kurt Busch had a great run yesterday for a one horse no sponsor team.

If I want to see people drive like that I'll just go get on the interstate :p
on the good side I got a nice nap in

Kurt Busch had a great run yesterday for a one horse no sponsor team.
Is this the 1st race he hasnt destroyed a car? I thought when he got suspended they said he had ruined like 14 cars in 14 races.

Kenseth out of the 17 car at end of year

Roush Fenway Racing announced Tuesday that Kenseth would leave the organization at the end of this year and be replaced in the No. 17 car by current Nationwide Series champion Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Kenseth -- who is in the final year of his contract -- has made all but six of his 452 career Sprint Cup starts with Roush, winning a long-awaited championship for the organization in 2003, and claiming Daytona 500 titles in 2009 and this season. He also currently leads the points standings.
Kenseth out, Stenhouse in for RFR in 2013 - Jun 26, 2012 - NASCAR.COM

Is this the 1st race he hasnt destroyed a car? I thought when he got suspended they said he had ruined like 14 cars in 14 races.

He brought it home in one piece.lol

Wow, this surprises me. ...
Wonder where Matt will end up ?
Good for Rickie !

Ive heard 3 scenarios
-20 car because Logano is on last year of contract
-new team for Joe Gibbs
-Maybe Penske since they are switching to Fords next year

Seems I heard that Gibbs was bringing back Logano.Penske would be a definite possibility.

Iceberg said:

I normally love the road races but Sunday was a real turd. The way this Nationwide Race is going tonight, I'm afraid it won't be too fun to watch Kentucky tomorrow night.

Iceberg said:
Ive heard 3 scenarios
-20 car because Logano is on last year of contract
-new team for Joe Gibbs
-Maybe Penske since they are switching to Fords next year

It has also now been reported that Michael Andretti is starting up a NASCAR team (Dodge). According to Andretti, he already has a driver signed for next year and wants to expand to two cars within a season. Rumors are Kenseth and Vickers but I figure MWR will try to keep Vickers around.

It has also now been reported that Michael Andretti is starting up a NASCAR team (Dodge). According to Andretti, he already has a driver signed for next year and wants to expand to two cars within a season. Rumors are Kenseth and Vickers but I figure MWR will try to keep Vickers around.

Kenseth going to Gibbs, unfortunately to drive Toys.

I really hope Gibbs decides to come back to Chevy's someday soon.

The way this Nationwide Race is going tonight, I'm afraid it won't be too fun to watch Kentucky tomorrow night.

yeah it was pretty boring race. Dillon led 192 of 200 laps....

although did you see the scary incident with Stenhouse in the pits? He was too close to the wall so when the jackman came around he had to jump over the front tire changer and totally screwed up his knee. Went down in a heap as soon as he landed.......

scarier? He jacked up the car while sitting on the ground :eek:

yeah it was pretty boring race. Dillon led 192 of 200 laps....

although did you see the scary incident with Stenhouse in the pits? He was too close to the wall so when the jackman came around he had to jump over the front tire changer and totally screwed up his knee. Went down in a heap as soon as he landed.......

scarier? He jacked up the car while sitting on the ground :eek:
Now THATS dedication !

Jumping over the tire carrier with the jack must have been a treat to see, bet he won't be doing that again.

You can't blame him as Stenhouse slid into the pits and the front of the car was angled to the point that the front tire changer barely had any room and his feet were up against the pit wall.

A little later in the race Denny Hamlin's crew chief (Hamlin was running the 18) went over and loaned Stenhouse's team their jackman because Hamlin "engine was about to blow up"...2 laps later it did. ;)

Brad Keslowski wins the race tonight ....

At one time it looked like Hendricks would have all 4 drivers in the top 6, till 5 time had a tire go down late.

Kahne really came on in the last run and took 2nd (from about 7-8), Earnhardt finished 4th with Gordon 5th.

Looks like Johnson stayed out long enough to finish 6th !

You can't blame him as Stenhouse slid into the pits and the front of the car was angled to the point that the front tire changer barely had any room and his feet were up against the pit wall.

A little later in the race Denny Hamlin's crew chief (Hamlin was running the 18) went over and loaned Stenhouse's team their jackman because Hamlin "engine was about to blow up"...2 laps later it did. ;)
Saw that, pretty cool... got to see the last 20 laps of this race...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)