Lance Armstrong finally giving up fight against allegations

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
I am a bit perplexex at the fact that he has never failed a drug test...hundreds of them by many accounts, including the people chasing him, the US Anti-Doping Agency, yet they are still hounding him for being dirty.

The agency wants to make a big score by catching him.

Personally I think the whole thing is BS, after all the testing, if he had been doping he'd long since been caught. There's no evidence whatsoever against him, only "testimony" from people who got busted and want lesser penalties.

Ahhh America... hope of the free.

Innocent until proven guilty...

The place where you have the right to remain silent... and when you do we take everything away from you that you earned in your life.

Sad.

Now I need to go ban myself.

The agency wants to make a big score by catching him.

Personally I think the whole thing is BS, after all the testing, if he had been doping he'd long since been caught. There's no evidence whatsoever against him, only "testimony" from people who got busted and want lesser penalties.

I have a strange feeling that there are some seriously jealous people out there.

I read today that during the last 8 years in the sport, he was tested OVER 500 times...for EVERYTHING! WOW!

And I heard this morning that a total of TEN former teammates were going to testify that they had seen him take PEDs.

We have absolutely, positively no way for estimating how many athletes pass the tests due to masking techniques or the use of undetectable substances. Some masking agents may be 100% effective for the kinds of tests that the cycling agenices were using during Armstrong's career.

Last edited:
I realize that he's never failed a drug test, but with ALL the allegations and people calling him out, it starts to get ruin his credibility a bit. I mean, if it were like 2 or 3 people I'd side with Lance more, but considering how SO many people are lined up to testify against him and with all the speculation over the years, I think it's getting harder and harder to believe him. I find it hard to believe that lal these other cyclists and former teammates are just throwing out false accusations in order to take him down. Also, if he is TRULY innocent, why isn't he fighting it? You can argue that he's been fighting for years already, but if the truth is on his side he should ride with it (no pun intended.)

Why fight against a stacked deck where he's not really allowed to defend himself, and no real evidence is required to "convict" him?

Best to say to hell with them and keep his money and endorsements.

Why fight against a stacked deck where he's not really allowed to defend himself, and no real evidence is required to "convict" him?

Best to say to hell with them and keep his money and endorsements.

Correct. And like I said, it is starting to look like alot of jealous cyclists....

2 things, first so Lance was smart enough to mask doping, but was dumb enough to do it in front of 10 different people. Don't buy it.

How us it that USADA has the power to revoke anything without a "smoking gun", it seems also they make an accusation and you have to disprove it, instead of the other way around.

I don't see why teammates would be impelled solely by jealusly to commit perjury. They lose te team awards, too.

Beating the tests has nothing to do with being smarter or dumber than those who don't. It just means having somene assist you in doing so. I don't think the people who obtained free service from DirecTV or DISH were any smarter than those who didn't know how. None of them actually "figured out" how to do anything difficult. They just came across the products that did it and chose to avail themselves of their benefits.

Still, this could be a "bigger fish" thing. It could be that all ten teammates are prepared to acknowledge that they, too, did it and have agreed to testify in plea deals.

Ahhh America... hope of the free.

Innocent until proven guilty...

The place where you have the right to remain silent... and when you do we take everything away from you that you earned in your life.

Sad.

Now I need to go ban myself.

2 things, first so Lance was smart enough to mask doping, but was dumb enough to do it in front of 10 different people. Don't buy it.

How us it that USADA has the power to revoke anything without a "smoking gun", it seems also they make an accusation and you have to disprove it, instead of the other way around.

Where have I heard this story before...oh, that's right, Penn State! PSU contracted to produce a report indicating that Joe Paterno (dead and buried) was aware of Jerry Sandusky's noctural shower room activities and was involved in a cover-up simply because there were a few emails in which the real culprits made obscure comments about Paterno knowing something or wanting to be updated during the progress of the investigation. How Louis Freeh could conclude that Peterno was an active participant based on this evidence, of lack thereof, certainly defies logic. BTW, aren't these reports supposed to be objective and not subjective? Of course, let's not overlook the fact Paterno was already dismissed of any criminal wrongdoing by a Grand Jury. Yes, a real live Court of Law and not the court of public opinion.

Wow! Talk about your smokeless gun and prime example of tossing the dead guy under a bus since he's no longer around to defend himself. Oh, and let's have the NCAA strip him of his head coaching wins in spite of little, if any, credible evidence (based on a potentially baseless and biased report) and no due process. Furthermore, let's not forget this incident HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH COLLEGE FOOTBALL NOR PATERNO'S JOB A HEAD FOOTBALL COACH - it involved the criminal conduct of a former employee and the misdeeds of certain PSU Administrators who are being prosecuted.

I feel dirty defending Penn State, but Joe Paterno deserves a hell of a lot better treatment. I'm not saying the man didn't have more detailed knowledge of the criminal events involving Jerry Sandusky (Penn State's shower with minors enthisiast)...but I don't see any credible evidence, the University report is biased and paid for in order to limit the institutions legal liabilities, and Paterno is punished without his family being given any opportunity whatsoever to challenge the findings. What a crock of shite!

Ex-Penn State president blasts Freeh report on child sex abuse
Paterno family calls NCAA penalties against Penn State a ‘panicked response’
Family pushed Paterno to read Sandusky report

Anyway, regarding Armstrong...I feel his one good nut was just ripped-off and cast-aside. Another a crock of shite!

I don't see why teammates would be impelled solely by jealusly to commit perjury. They lose te team awards, too.

Beating the tests has nothing to do with being smarter or dumber than those who don't. It just means having somene assist you in doing so. I don't think the people who obtained free service from DirecTV or DISH were any smarter than those who didn't know how. None of them actually "figured out" how to do anything difficult. They just came across the products that did it and chose to avail themselves of their benefits.

Still, this could be a "bigger fish" thing. It could be that all ten teammates are prepared to acknowledge that they, too, did it and have agreed to testify in plea deals.

Could be... but I guess...as someone said.. "innocent until proven guilty" no longer applies. The scientific proof clearly shows he is clean... it is now a 'he said she said' deal.

Where have I heard this story before...oh, that's right, Penn State! PSU contracted to produce a report indicating that Joe Paterno (dead and buried) was aware of Jerry Sandusky's noctural shower room activities and was involved in a cover-up simply because there were a few emails in which the real culprits made obscure comments about Paterno knowing something or wanting to be updated during the progress of the investigation. How Louis Freeh could conclude that Peterno was an active participant based on this evidence, of lack thereof, certainly defies logic. BTW, aren't these reports supposed to be objective and not subjective? Of course, let's not overlook the fact Paterno was already dismissed of any criminal wrongdoing by a Grand Jury. Yes, a real live Court of Law and not the court of public opinion.

Wow! Talk about your smokeless gun and prime example of tossing the dead guy under a bus since he's no longer around to defend himself. Oh, and let's have the NCAA strip him of his head coaching wins in spite of little, if any, credible evidence (based on a potentially baseless and biased report) and no due process. Furthermore, let's not forget this incident HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH COLLEGE FOOTBALL NOR PATERNO'S JOB A HEAD FOOTBALL COACH - it involved the criminal conduct of a former employee and the misdeeds of certainly PSU Administrators.

I feel dirty defending Penn State, but Joe Paterno deserves a hell of a lot better treatment. I'm not saying the man didn't have more detailed knowledge of the criminal events involving Jerry Sandusky (Penn State's shower with minors enthisiast)...but I don't see any credible evidence, the University report is biased and paid for in order to limit the institutions legal liabilities, and Paterno is punished without his family being given any opportunity whatsoever to challenge the findings. What a crock of shite!

Anyway, regarding Armstrong...I feel his one good nut was just ripped-off and cast-aside. What a crock of shite!

The difference is, Penn State did not take test to either prove their innocence or guilt. Armstrong did...and passed OVER 500 of them at last count....supplied by the very same people that wanna hang him by his single one...so to speak.

What would happen if we started taking eyewitness testimony at face value in a court of law, with no hard evidence?

AGAIN... IF that is all you got...then you gotta go with what you got. IF you are talking a test or two...ok, you can have some doubt. But over FIVE HUNDRED test...by the exact same people that wanna hang him...

what are you gonna believe... your ears or the science these same people are CONSTANTLY updating and changing....

I truly am starting to believe he is innocent.

The difference is, Penn State did not take test to either prove their innocence or guilt. Armstrong did...and passed OVER 500 of them at last count....supplied by the very same people that wanna hang him by his single one...so to speak.

My post was more in general, about guilt before innocence. In Armstrong's case, you're right...he proved his innocence time and again, but is being railroaded. Fortunately, Armstrong can, and will, sue to restore his name and his accomplishments.

riffjim4069 said:

Wow! Talk about your smokeless gun and prime example of tossing the dead guy under a bus since he's no longer around to defend himself. Oh, and let's have the NCAA strip him of his head coaching wins in spite of little, if any, credible evidence (based on a potentially baseless and biased report) and no due process. Furthermore, let's not forget this incident HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH COLLEGE FOOTBALL NOR PATERNO'S JOB A HEAD FOOTBALL COACH - it involved the criminal conduct of a former employee and the misdeeds of certain PSU Administrators who are being prosecuted.

Anyway, regarding Armstrong...I feel his one good nut was just ripped-off and cast-aside. Another a crock of shite!

If you can't see the difference between a grown man accused of blood doping and children being raped, and the difference in which the diligence of the investigations should be handled, than I feel sorry for you. The situations are apples and oranges.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
And a way we go:

(CNN) -- Famed cyclist Lance Armstrong is facing the loss of seven Tour de France titles and his fabled championship legacy after ending his fight against charges of illegal doping. Armstrong's move prompted the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency early Friday to slap a lifetime ban on Armstrong and strip him of his wins since 1998. The cyclist announced late Thursday that he had decided not to contest what he called unfair charges of illegal doping, allegations he has consistently denied.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/23/sport/lance-armstrong-investigation/index.html?hpt=hp_c1